Move-in delayed until Summer

JA
james-2001 Central (East) East Midlands Today
It's the latest high tech innovation.
Rexogamer and Markymark gave kudos
LS
Lou Scannon West Country (East) Points West
Moz posted:

This studio appears to have a glass window which looks out onto the foyer.

A glass window eh!? Laughing

As opposed to a window made out something opaque such as bricks & mortar, I suppose... Laughing

In fairness to Whataday, I suppose that an internal window between two rooms could potentially be made from a different transparent material such as perspex.

And a fair few TV programmes have (fake) "windows" comprised of video walls / back projection etc.
BR
Brekkie Recently warned Wales Wales Today
Knowing TV companies nowadays they'll put such a fake window infront of the real window with a view of that foyer on.

I'm thinking it'll probably be similar to Sky News, but much better executed, as in the backdrop of the studio is on the otherside, but you'll get great views into it at the opening and close of the programme, and occasionally they'll present with the foyer backdrop in view.
Turns out nobody had 2020 vision.
JF
JetixFann450 Central Reporting Scotland
Staff have begun moving in to the building this week.

Wow, this gives off NBH vibes right away. A lot more colourful though.
Do you even read these?
AndrewPSSP, DJ Dave and DeMarkay gave kudos
ST
South Today
Any idea when Wales Today is due to move please?
MA
Markymark Meridian (Thames Valley) South Today
Any idea when Wales Today is due to move please?

Not straight away, the technical fit out is still in progress, so I don't think it'll be this side of Christmas
NG
noggin Founding member
There is always the option that the window won't be featured in-vision, and is there to allow visitors to see a working studio instead. It was common for studios to be built with windows for this purpose in the past - many of the TV Centre studios had viewing galleries.

22 days later

WE
welshkid Wales Wales Today
Some more information and some video as BBC Wales staff move into their new home

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/bbc-wales-central-square-cardiff-17131980
JA
Jamesypoo Anglia (East) Look East
Some more information and some video as BBC Wales staff move into their new home

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/bbc-wales-central-square-cardiff-17131980

These are the photos already posted on the previous page.
BK
bkman1990 UTV Newsline
Wow. That's a lovely new building for BBC Cymru Wales. It's an outstanding facility. I hope all the staff have a great time working there.
Last edited by bkman1990 on 19 November 2019 4:17pm
LS
Lou Scannon West Country (East) Points West
Wow. That's a lovely new building for BBC Cmyru Wales.

Is that next to Egnland?
WE
welshkid Wales Wales Today

These are the photos already posted on the previous page.

If you play the video, and can endure the random advert, there are some other views include pictures of the public walkway bit of the building.

Newer posts