The Newsroom

Brexit Dramarama

UPDATE | Extension to 31st Jan 2020 (November 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BR
Brekkie
BM11 posted:
Andrea Leadsom has tipped a January 10th election which would be even more chaotic for a broadcasting perspective.

And give them just 21 days to form a government and "Get Brexit Done", and if Labour were to win have a referendum.
JW
JamesWorldNews
Michael Heseltine c/w Madonna mic!

I’ve seen everything now........
BR
Brekkie
The BBC apologising again for actually challenging a member of the government. They seem to have accepted that smirking with contempt for the electorate is Priti Patel's natural state.

BBC News - BBC apologises after Andrew Marr suggested Priti Patel was 'laughing'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-50150993

IMO they've got this as wrong as the Naga situation.
GI
ginnyfan
His comment was smug and disrespectful. I saw no laughing in the video.
MA
Markymark

Funnily enough, my mother (who I use as a barometer for what normal people think), said to me last week that she's 'gone right off' Andrew Marr, she says he's become overly aggressive.

Patel has a naturally smiling face, in much the same way Fiona Bruce does.
CI
cityprod

Funnily enough, my mother (who I use as a barometer for what normal people think), said to me last week that she's 'gone right off' Andrew Marr, she says he's become overly aggressive.

Patel has a naturally smiling face, in much the same way Fiona Bruce does.

I didn't think she was laughing in that video, but I did think she had somewhat of a smug smirk about her face at the time, which frankly was almost as bad as if she had laughed.
BM
BM11

I imagine broadcasters might actually prefer a Tuesday election to a Thursday one.
BR
Brekkie
The Queen will be delighted to have to come down from Sandringham in the middle of Winter.
AN
Andrew Founding member
A Tuesday is annoying for those of us who like to watch the coverage overnight.
TI
tightrope78
Every prediction BM11 makes turns out wrong.

I’ll take this one with the usual pinch of salt.
CI
cityprod
Every prediction BM11 makes turns out wrong.

I’ll take this one with the usual pinch of salt.

Except it's not his prediction, he's only passing on what Sky's Jon Craig is reporting on twitter, and it isn't even a prediction.

Considering Boris Johnson has tried a couple of times before for a general election and failed, you do have to be skeptical about whether this will come to pass, but don't blame the messenger.
BM
BM11

Newer posts