The Newsroom

Brexit Dramarama

UPDATE | Extension to 31st Jan 2020 (November 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
WO
Worzel
JAS84 posted:
Jarv posted:

Some impressive numbers

Forget the figures, the BBC News elements are using a hotch potch of Gill and Reith! Laughing
Yeah, three outdated BBC News logos there. And shouldn't Parliament's logo be either Helvetica (like on it's ident) or also Reith?

Who knows. I don't think even BBC Parliament know which fonts they should use and where these days.
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
JAS84 posted:
Yeah, three outdated BBC News logos there. And shouldn't Parliament's logo be either Helvetica (like on it's ident) or also Reith?

Parliament has always been a mismash of styles over the years, they can't quite decide whether it wants to match BBC News or just let it do its own thing. Usually it's at the back of the queue for presentation, then when it does get an update it matches BBC News for a while and then doesn't evolve when News does.
CA
Capybara
BM11 posted:

One Show might be moved to BBC2 tomorrow.

It wouldn't really be the One Show then would it? I imagine they'll just drop it if they do decide to go to news - regions have certainly proved that The One Show has been a 'droppable' programme. Unless this has happened before?
SP
Steve in Pudsey
Many times. On one of the early occasions they made an end card with One crossed out and replaced by Two.

(I think the very first time it was moved was at very short notice)
SP
Steve in Pudsey
Re. central lobby. I think the issue is you have to have media accreditation passes to be situated there and I believe its only senior political correspondents at the BBC who have access, so the likes of Huw, Simon etc don't.

Huw is a bad example because he used to be a political correspondent and has kept his press lobby pass.

Full list of who has them: https://publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm/cmjournl/journalists.htm

Jon Snow however isn't on the list. I think Central Lobby is technically open to the public, technically for the purpose of meeting MPs. I guess using it to interview other contributors might be difficult hence they other College Green.
JW
JamesWorldNews
Interesting list. There are a large number of ITN staff, somehow more than I expected.

Andrew Neil’s bio could do with being a bit longer, I feel....
RK
Rkolsen
A lot of those people may be on the list just because they may once cover a story.

Here’s a list of accredited periodical press (print/online) that is accredited for the US House of Representatives. Many probably haven’t stepped foot in the halls of Congress aside to get their badge.

This [url=https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/CDIR-2016-02-12/pdf/CDIR-2016-02-12-PRESSGALLERIES.pdf ]list is outdated by a bit (lists Speaker Paul Ryan)[/url] but there are likely more people accredited than there are those that represent.
GE
thegeek Founding member
This is all a bit confusing because of the multiple uses of the word lobby.

The list posted by Steve above seems to be the lobby correspondents, who are the ones allowed into the press gallery and Members' Lobby. It's also truncated when I view it on my phone - Jon Snow is on the PDF version.

I don't think you need to be on that list to broadcast from Central Lobby though - Krishnan Guru-Murthy presents from there fairly often and doesn't appear. There are some details about that here - that page appears to have been published in response to this incident. C4 would appear to stretch the rules slightly by anchoring 'other news' bits of their programme from there sometimes.
MA
Markymark
Re. central lobby. I think the issue is you have to have media accreditation passes to be situated there and I believe its only senior political correspondents at the BBC who have access, so the likes of Huw, Simon etc don't.

Huw is a bad example because he used to be a political correspondent and has kept his press lobby pass.

Full list of who has them: https://publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm/cmjournl/journalists.htm

Jon Snow however isn't on the list. I think Central Lobby is technically open to the public, technically for the purpose of meeting MPs. I guess using it to interview other contributors might be difficult hence they other College Green.

Jon Snow is on the list (EDIT As Mr Geek points out too)

I can't see KGM, Cathy Newman, and Jackie Long all of whom I think I've seen present/report for C4 News from in there?

Some quaint terms in there, Harlech Television Laughing
MA
Markymark
Interesting list. There are a large number of ITN staff, somehow more than I expected.

Andrew Neil’s bio could do with being a bit longer, I feel....

I don't think HMRC will be coming after him with any IR35 issues!
JamesWorldNews and thegeek gave kudos
NE
Newsroom
Huw will be presenting the News Special on BBC 2 this evening at 7pm
JW
JamesWorldNews
Laura K reporting that “the government has essentially chosen to go on strike”.

Something I never thought I’d ever hear about Her Majesty’s Government.

We live in interesting times.

Newer posts