« Topics
RDJ2,789 posts since 25 Oct 2003
Central (South) Midlands Today
The Britney mics done quite well to mask the background shouts on the ITV News at 6pm. Unfortunately now the crowd has diminished, the lonely shouts have become more audible on the 10pm bulletin.

It's especially concerning when they're hosting the whole bulletin from the green and the chants continue amidst other news - sometimes inappropriately and containing swearing.

They really need to find a new location, especially if for that particular bulletin they're not catching MP's coming in or out of Parliament. Or getting a sheltered podium masking the noise or handing back to the studio for the other stories.
Central News South
January 9th 1989 - December 3rd 2006
GMc gave kudos
Brekkie32,574 posts since 4 Jan 2003
HTV Wales Wales Today
Sadly nowadays it's not just the viewers that video applies too, it's the guests that have been served up on news and current affairs programming over the last three and a half years.

Did ITV go with News at Ten branding tonight?
I preferred the internet when it had a sense of humour.
RDJ2,789 posts since 25 Oct 2003
Central (South) Midlands Today
Looks like there is an extra episode of Peston tonight.

Oooh you're right! Peston on Sunday is back it seems!

I imagine set strikers don't work over the weekend and Lorraine's set would be struck after Friday's Loose Women. So they're either called in on overtime or it'll be hosted from Westminster.
Central News South
January 9th 1989 - December 3rd 2006
Stuart7,308 posts since 13 Oct 2003
Westcountry Spotlight
I imagine set strikers don't work over the weekend and Lorraine's set would be struck after Friday's Loose Women. So they're either called in on overtime or it'll be hosted from Westminster.

Perhaps this wasn't a last minute decision, as they knew Parliament was meeting on Saturday, so could have put in Peston's set on Friday afternoon, although it would perhaps be rather tight to strike it tomorrow morning and have Lorraine's set by 0830.
Brekkie32,574 posts since 4 Jan 2003
HTV Wales Wales Today

Perhaps this wasn't a last minute decision, as they knew Parliament was meeting on Saturday, so could have put in Peston's set on Friday afternoon, although it would perhaps be rather tight to strike it tomorrow morning and have Lorraine's set by 0830.

They do it in the week when Peston does air live. I suspect a Sunday evening might be quiet enough to risk pre-recording it earlier in the evening.
Last edited by Brekkie on 20 October 2019 11:52am
I preferred the internet when it had a sense of humour.
No further posts are being accepted for this topic