« Topics
JamesWorldNews8,360 posts since 22 Aug 2004
STV Central BBC World News
Why have you been warned? This is the big question of the day!

No idea, I've been on here more or less since it started and have never been warned until this year. I quite like the fact my posts stand out with the blue banner though it has to be said. Very Happy

Will you be attempting to negotiate a deal with the Moderators to have it removed? Or are you quite happy to have the whip removed? What’s your backstop position with regard to this warning? Please speak up. The people need to know. We have a right to know.

Now, a Newsnight Special on a Saturday: I don’t think I recall that ever, ever happening.
@JamesWorldNews | Formerly BBC WORLD
welshkid and BBI45 gave kudos
Rolling News876 posts since 27 Dec 2015
Central (East) East Midlands Today
It all kicks off at 9.30am in the commons, so we can expect Breakfast to come from Westminster with a News Special following. I believe they are starting so early because the People’s March will ce heading to Parliament Square later in the day. It’s going to be a very crazy day.

I fully expect the big names to be on duty on Saturday considering how historical this sitting is.

Naga Munchetty and Charlie Stayt are already at Westminster today. So I guess they’ll also be there tomorrow to kick-off the BBC coverage.

I expect Annita McVeigh, Simon McCoy and Philippa Thomas to also be there, and Huw Edwards later on.

Austin, Bradby, Burley too.

Right now it's Ben Brown in Westminster and Nuala McGovern in Brussels.

I can't see the likes of McCoy and Edwards agreeing to work a weekend. McVeigh, Thomas and Christian Fraser are possible.
Newsroom1,766 posts since 2 Mar 2005
LOL!! Really not concerned.

As for Newsnight specials. They happened quite frequently during major political events and wars.

Formerly News Room
WARNED x 2
BM111,262 posts since 2 Jun 2017 Banned for 1 week
London London
It all kicks off at 9.30am in the commons, so we can expect Breakfast to come from Westminster with a News Special following. I believe they are starting so early because the People’s March will ce heading to Parliament Square later in the day. It’s going to be a very crazy day.

I fully expect the big names to be on duty on Saturday considering how historical this sitting is.

Naga Munchetty and Charlie Stayt are already at Westminster today. So I guess they’ll also be there tomorrow to kick-off the BBC coverage.

I expect Annita McVeigh, Simon McCoy and Philippa Thomas to also be there, and Huw Edwards later on.

I can't see the likes of McCoy and Edwards agreeing to work a weekend. McVeigh, Thomas and Christian Fraser are possible.

Both have worked Bank Holidays or weekends in recent times.
BFGArmy452 posts since 15 Jan 2018
London London
Newsnight ran on a Saturday for 5 or 6 weeks during the 2010 General election iirc.

Maybe I'm remembering incorrectly but I think they did one during the phone hacking saga too.
Huw too has certainly done Sundays in recent times when the news has justified it.

I do wonder too if they'll draft in one of the 'big guns' for Breakfast on Sunday to cover the fallout of the vote rather than the usual lucky dip they do normally to pick Sunday presenters.

That said I'd be VERY surprised if Dan Walker were to appear!
Richard gave kudos
JamesWorldNews8,360 posts since 22 Aug 2004
STV Central BBC World News

I can't see the likes of McCoy and Edwards agreeing to work a weekend . McVeigh, Thomas and Christian Fraser are possible.

Seriously?
@JamesWorldNews | Formerly BBC WORLD
No further posts are being accepted for this topic