The Newsroom

Brexit Dramarama

UPDATE | Extension to 31st Jan 2020 (November 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BM
BM11
Any schedule changes saturday afternoon. vote probably at 14.15-14.30.
I expect the political editors will appear - not sure about senior newsreaders.
ST
Stuart
I notice that that 'BBC News Special' on the NC has been extended to 6pm today. Probably a 'no brainer' as Afternoon Live has fundamentally been lost by live coverage from Brussels with Christian Fraser, and only odd inserts from Simon McCoy in London.

I did half expect a jocular return to Simon at some point with his feet up on the desk and reading a book. However, perhaps the subject is too serious for such humour. It might have been some light relief though.
BF
BFGArmy
Been following it all via Twitter today and can't say some of the BBC political team are covering themselves in glory. A few seem practically giddy and I'm not sure starting a tweet about Brexit with "BOOM" is exactly the done thing for an Assistant Political Editor to do.
BR
Brekkie
A feeling of nothing to see here. It would only be news if he'd actually succeeded in negotiating a deal Parliament would back.
MF
Matthew_Fieldhouse
A feeling of nothing to see here. It would only be news if he'd actually succeeded in negotiating a deal Parliament would back.

Maybe it will be approved, no one knows anything about the future of Brexit
LS
Lou Scannon
It was always going to be the case that whatever ultimately happens would not be anything like certain until almost literally the last minute before the deadline (a deadline which has of course already been subject to a postponement).
IT
itsrobert Founding member
It was always going to be the case that whatever ultimately happens would not be anything like certain until almost literally the last minute before the deadline (a deadline which has of course already been subject to a postponement).

Yeah that's pretty much human nature isn't it? Why finish something early when you can go right to the wire? Brings back my uni days Smile

Speaking as a Remainer, I just hope that Parliament votes for this deal now so we can finally move on. I really don't think I could withstand further endless months and years of uncertainty and delay.
BK
bkman1990
Vicki Young has just had some sound problems outside Westminster at the 8pm TOTH.
BK
bkman1990
Oh dear what has happened to the BBC News Channel tonight. Sound problems just happened with Christian Fraser at the BOTH.
VM
VMPhil
Been following it all via Twitter today and can't say some of the BBC political team are covering themselves in glory. A few seem practically giddy and I'm not sure starting a tweet about Brexit with "BOOM" is exactly the done thing for an Assistant Political Editor to do.

Bang! And the deal is done. Barry Scott, BBC News, in Brussels.
Stuart, BFGArmy and Brekkie gave kudos
BK
bkman1990
I just heard from Sharon Ni Bheolaín that RTÉ's Prime Time will be broadcasting live from Brussels in a few minutes time.
BK
bkman1990
David McCullough is live from Brussels for Prime Time. Miriam O'Callaghan is live from the studio in Dublin.

The first Irish guest for Prime Time tonight is Mairead McGuinness of Fine Gael who is the current VP of the European Parliament.

James Wells MEP for the Brexit Party is one of the UK's guests on Prime Time from Brussels. He is really getting a good grilling from Mairead McGuinness who is still standing by her stance of the constituents in the Ireland Midlands North West Euro Constituency. He really hasn't got a leg to stand on regarding this debate on this deal and recalling the sentiments by the people in Northern Ireland in how they voted in this referendum. Mairead even gave him an invite to her constituency to see the effects of it being impacted by Brexit. She also said that she will have RTÉ over with them to film pictures of the event.

Peter Foster, Europe Editor of the Daily Telegraph, is another guest speaking from Brussels to Miriam O'Callaghan in Dublin.

Newer posts