The Newsroom

The New ITV & BBC Weather Thread

BBC Thunderbolts - Are they Red, White or Blue... or yellow? (September 2015)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
GW
GarWill99
RDJ posted:
It’s frightening to believe but the current ITV Weather graphics have been in use for three years next month.

I still find them much better and clearer that the BBC’s graphics. I guess they won’t change too much until an ITV News revamp... if and when that will ever happen.

3 years!! Wow. I cannot believe how quick that's gone.. after all this time though, it really annoys me how the colour schemes of the temperature circles seem to be messed up. i.e: 1 degree can sometimes be shown in a mild yellow colour. it seems like the colours are still not 'in sync' with the temp.
MA
manclad
I think the temperature colours change in relation to the time of year. For example, 15 degrees in February would be orange where as yellow/green in July.

33 days later

JW
JamesWorldNews
Happy Michael Fish Day, everyone.

In other news, love the tweet from @TVLive sharing Michael Buerk getting ripped into a hapless Ian McCaskill for getting the prediction of the storm SO wrong!
SW
Steve Williams

As I always say, the best bit is not that Fish failed to say that there would be a hurricane, but that he specifically went out of his way to say that there wouldn't.

(Cue the first 'It wasn't technically a hurricane...' post.)
SP
Spencer

As I always say, the best bit is not that Fish failed to say that there would be a hurricane, but that he specifically went out of his way to say that there wouldn't.

It wasn't technically a hurricane.

Wink
BA
bilky asko

It wasn't technically a hurricane.

Wink

It wasn't a hurricane at all, not just "technically". The issue was that the Met Office at the time had been making cutbacks, and the computer models incorrectly predicted the path of the storm with the limited data available.
MA
Markymark

For me, October 16th will always be primarily the 1973 birth of Capital Radio, and secondly the 1987 Great Storm.
London Lite and JamesWorldNews gave kudos
MA
Markymark

For me, October 16th will always be primarily the 1973 birth of Capital Radio, and secondly the 1987 Great Storm.

....and thirdly the 1991 ITV Franchise announcement day !
:-(
A former member
Fourth. It the day the bill started.
JW
JamesWorldNews
Fourth. It the day the bill started.

Life felt safer when Bob Cryer and June Ackland were on our tellies.....

16 days later

BE
Benjamin1
Channel TV now has an in-vision weather presenter during GMB and at weekends. Not sure if the same for UTV? Or if remains separate from hubbing.

11 days later

AN
Andrew Founding member
Slight issue with the ITV National Weather tonight. Someone must have pressed play a bit early as we missed the start, so at the end, we had Alex standing there for a bit, then a VT clock, and then the generic ITV logo, before the Halfords sponsorship kicked in.

Newer posts