The Newsroom

The Sky News Thread

(October 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JW
JamesWorldNews
“And welcome to the third morning of our new show ‘Kay Burley on College Green’. You’re with Sky News.”

Rolling Eyes
RH
richard h
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet but the weekend breakfast is using the same title card as Kay just without Kay Burley on it and it looks like the desk will be in the exciting position of....the corridor

pic added

JA
Jamesypoo
So, is it Sky News at Breakfast, Sky News @ Breakfast or Sky News@Breakfast?
ME
mediamonkey91
“And welcome to the third morning of our new show ‘Kay Burley on College Green’. You’re with Sky News.”

Rolling Eyes

Looks like we won’t see Kay at Millbank until at least Monday. Announced this morning that they are in Brussels tomorrow and Friday. Think the weekend show is coming from College Green on Saturday too so won’t even see Stephen & Gillian in the glass box til Sunday. Assumed Studio 6 is being used for the pop up ‘Brexit Free’ channel? Glass box and Millbank usually on air during that time.
BF
BFGArmy

Bar Sportsline at the weekend, bulletins are usually short and those which do crossover are newsworthy.

I'd argue too that the Sportsline weekend bulletins offer better content than the Pledge or FYI repeats you normally get on weekends.
SO
Switched On
I don't get why The Pledge always gets such a hard ride, its easily the best looking show on the channel and its quite a fresh alternative to similar shows elsewhere. Don't like the line up? It primarily features the paper guests who most here complained when they were axed from Sunrise Shocked
LL
London Lite Founding member
I don't get why The Pledge always gets such a hard ride, its easily the best looking show on the channel and its quite a fresh alternative to similar shows elsewhere. Don't like the line up? It primarily features the paper guests who most here complained when they were axed from Sunrise Shocked

It's still shouty uniformed opinionated nonsense which is used as filler to pad hours and a rip-off of Fox News's The Five which otherwise is largely a impartial rolling news channel.

How the likes of Michelle Dewberry manage to stay on television beggars belief.
JK
JKDerry

It's still shouty uniformed opinionated nonsense which is used as filler to pad hours and a rip-off of Fox News's The Five which otherwise is largely a impartial rolling news channel.

Did I get you wrong, or are you inferring Fox News is impartial? Or was it a sarcastic joke?
GR
griffinuk

Bar Sportsline at the weekend, bulletins are usually short and those which do crossover are newsworthy.

I'd argue too that the Sportsline weekend bulletins offer better content than the Pledge or FYI repeats you normally get on weekends.

There is a concern with Sky News, that particularly at weekends of late, it is starting to lean towards pre-rec material like those outlined above.

Sportsline updates are good, I've got no issue with them, especially on a Saturday. It is worrying though that Sky News is more and more adopting the "CNNI-Style" recorded back-half-hour or indeed, where the Pledge is concerned, taking a full hour out of the schedule with no news updates.

On the subject of the Sky News No Brexit channel - with it expected to all come to a head this weekend - it will allow for the main Sky News to concentrate on blanket coverage of the biggest political conundrum in more than a generation, whilst having another outlet for those who want a quick update on "the day's other stories".

CNN started doing something similar to this in the 90's with firstly CNN2 - which then became Headline News, with a 15 minute rotation of news, sport and weather, every fifteen minutes.
SO
Switched On

I don't find it so shouty, certainly not as much as Question Time or even Jeremy Vine at time. I'd rather watch The Pledge than another beige hour of the Glass Box. If anything, its too slick for Sky News these days.
LL
London Lite Founding member

Did I get you wrong, or are you inferring Fox News is impartial? Or was it a sarcastic joke?

I meant Sky News.
RE
Reece24
Is there a YouTube link for the Brexit-Free channel?

Newer posts