TV Home Forum

Classic Emmerdale

(January 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JA
james-2001
No sign of any location work on the old farm today where Annie returned to find it abandoned, it was all done in studio.

Even the scene I mentioned we saw a couple of weeks ago where we saw it was filmed from a distance (which maybe they were able to get away with without needing permission), it must be about 6 months (in real time, not ITV3 time) since we saw any proper location work on the farm.
BS
Ben Shatliff
No sign of any location work on the old farm today where Annie returned to find it abandoned, it was all done in studio.

Even the scene I mentioned we saw a couple of weeks ago where we saw it was filmed from a distance (which maybe they were able to get away with without needing permission), it must be about 6 months (in real time, not ITV3 time) since we saw any proper location work on the farm.

I am still behind by about a week and a half but I did see a scene inside a outdoor farm.

I think we have seen that building before but could be wrong. It could also be a separate location but used as a farm building.
JA
james-2001
So many barns look similar inside, so could have been shot virtually anywhere.
BS
Ben Shatliff
Now finally caught up with Classic Emmerdale. Interesting how the Farm storyline is spreading over quite some time and not moving into Hawthorn Cottage straight away. There again in reality these things do take time.

They must have signed a three year lease of the new Farm. Also worth pointing out these use the real inside rooms as well.
BS
Ben Shatliff
Now finally caught up with Classic Emmerdale. Interesting how the Farm storyline is spreading over quite some time and not moving into Hawthorn Cottage straight away. There again in reality these things do take time.

They must have signed a three year lease of the new Farm. Also worth pointing out these use the real inside rooms as well.

Will be interesting to see how they do this new farm up over the coming weeks. They must have hired the full lot of the property for filming inside and outdoor scenes.

We are now seeing episodes from April/May 1993 at a space possibly quicker than I thought.

When do we expect the Plane Crash episodes to air and when do we think the storyline to begin the build up to that will start?
NB
NicB1971

Will be interesting to see how they do this new farm up over the coming weeks. They must have hired the full lot of the property for filming inside and outdoor scenes.

We are now seeing episodes from April/May 1993 at a space possibly quicker than I thought.

When do we expect the Plane Crash episodes to air and when do we think the storyline to begin the build up to that will start?

I think these are possible signs for build up to the plane crash...
Eric Pollard gets even more crooked, this was evident when he fiddled Seth with the amount from Meg's old banknotes;
Kathy and Chris's marriage becomes even more strained;
Kim and Frank's reconciliation;
Tensions between the Sugdens, especially between Annie, Jack and Joe;
Alan Turner feeling lonely is the lead-up to the introduction of Shirley (I could never understand why they killed off so soon after the plane crash and Alan always seemed a spare part for many years, which was a shame as writers struggled to decide what type of man he was)
The introduction of the awful Windsor and McAllister families;
There had been an increase in the amount of airtime for Archie and Nick, who became quite integral from 91/92.

The introduction of Leonard Kempinsky in December 92 and the marriage of Eric and Elizabeth were sowing the seeds of the start of the plane crash storyline. Eric and Elizabeth were oddly matched and seemed a badly executed plot of necessity. Similarly, Annie would never have married someone like Leonard, she was close to Henry WIlks as both were strong-minded yet mellowed in age and so I suspect they may have married if it weren't for the untimely tragic death of Arthur Pentelow - which then begs the question as to what would've happened if the plane crash storyline had still proceeded...who would've been killed off and why?
BS
Ben Shatliff

Eric Pollard gets even more crooked, this was evident when he fiddled Seth with the amount from Meg's old banknotes;
Alan Turner feeling lonely is the lead-up to the introduction of Shirley (I could never understand why they killed off so soon after the plane crash and Alan always seemed a spare part for many years, which was a shame as writers struggled to decide what type of man he was)
There had been an increase in the amount of airtime for Archie and Nick, who became quite integral from 91/92.

The introduction of Leonard Kempinsky in December 92 and the marriage of Eric and Elizabeth were sowing the seeds of the start of the plane crash storyline. Eric and Elizabeth were oddly matched and seemed a badly executed plot of necessity. Similarly, Annie would never have married someone like Leonard, she was close to Henry WIlks as both were strong-minded yet mellowed in age and so I suspect they may have married if it weren't for the untimely tragic death of Arthur Pentelow - which then begs the question as to what would've happened if the plane crash storyline had still proceeded...who would've been killed off and why?

Thanks Nic for clear guidance there. That latter part also came into my mind a few months ago when the late Arthur Pentelow’s final scenes aired. What would have happened to Henry Wilks? I would have hoped he would have been ok but I know they were taking the programme into a different direction. I do also wonder as well thinking about it if Ronal Magill would have made as many guest stints as Amos or certainly maybe not as soon as he ended up appearing due to Arthur’s passing.

I remember watching the Plane Crash storyline as it aired and everybody was wondering if Annie.

In answer to my initial question; this was all planned a good year in advance so PHIL Redmond was involved long before we knew it. Will we see it this year or next now?
BS
Ben Shatliff

Thanks Nic for clear guidance there. That latter part also came into my mind a few months ago when the late Arthur Pentelow’s final scenes aired. What would have happened to Henry Wilks? I would have hoped he would have been ok but I know they were taking the programme into a different direction. I do also wonder as well thinking about it if Ronal Magill would have made as many guest stints as Amos or certainly maybe not as soon as he ended up appearing due to Arthur’s passing.

I remember watching the Plane Crash storyline as it aired and everybody was wondering if Annie.

In answer to my initial question; this was all planned a good year in advance so PHIL Redmond was involved long before we knew it. Will we see it this year or next now?

May 1993 now.
JA
james-2001
We're zipping through the years now.
BS
Ben Shatliff
We're zipping through the years now.

When do you think the plane crash story will air? I think it could be sooner than expected at this rate.
VH
lewie_VHS
I've managed to work out we'll see the plane crash on Thursday 28 November. 6 weeks away, not long.
JA
james-2001
Just before I fly out to the US for a week and a half too. I'll get to see the crash but will have to wait nearly 2 weeks to see the aftermath.

Newer posts