The Newsroom

BBC News (UK) presentation - Reith launch onwards

From Monday 15th July 2019

AG
AxG Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
BBC Newsline has been finally reithed

Headlines and lower-thirds, but the same titles alas.
JA
JAS84 Yorkshire Look North (E.Yorks & Lincs)
The other nations and the national news didn't get new titles either, it's just the English Regions that did, so Newsline not getting new titles doesn't surprise me.
SH
Sh1ruba Central (West) Midlands Today
JAS84 posted:
The other nations and the national news didn't get new titles either, it's just the English Regions that did, so Newsline not getting new titles doesn't surprise me.

We'll probably get new titles tonight for the evening edition.
WE
welshkid Wales Wales Today
JAS84 posted:

Wales Today did get new titles when Reith was introduced
DE
denton
Reporting Scotland updated their titles to Reith, Wales Today made new titles in Reith. Newsline at lunchtime had Gill titles.
SC
scottishtv Founding member STV Central Reporting Scotland
I'm sure the main commons cameras are better quality than we've been seeing today. Some of the pictures looked sub-sd today though.

I agree, the picture quality from inside the Commons chamber looked a lot worse than the pictures you see during normal proceedings.

If you look at today's programme from around 1:24:00 you'll notice the difference from the walk down the corridor into to the chamber, then inside the chamber. Then cutting back to the Royal Gallery, the differences are very noticeable.
TE
Technologist London London

There were definitely additional cameras rigged in the lords too.

And lights .... which probably is what made the pictures sparkle.
RK
Rkolsen World News
Maybe the better Commons cameras were moved to for a better PQ if the bulk was in the Royal Gallery. That being said I’m just going with what you said.
Don’t let anyone treat you like you’re a VO/SOT when you’re a PKG.
GU
Gusan STV North Reporting Scotland
I'm sure the main commons cameras are better quality than we've been seeing today. Some of the pictures looked sub-sd today though.

I agree, the picture quality from inside the Commons chamber looked a lot worse than the pictures you see during normal proceedings.

If you look at today's programme from around 1:24:00 you'll notice the difference from the walk down the corridor into to the chamber, then inside the chamber. Then cutting back to the Royal Gallery, the differences are very noticeable.

My sense is that the cameras which are each side of the Speaker's chair do not have optical zooms because they small unobtrusive cameras only used for a fixed wide shot, but for this they are using a digital crop to get a close up of the speaker entering the chamber.
MA
mapperuo STV North Reporting Scotland
They are Q Balls which do have optical zoom, watching the above link the picture quality looks fairly usual to me for the HoC, I think its just when its interspersed with HD shots it shows off just how bad it is.
RD
RDJ Central (West) Midlands Today
Another camera mishap on the quarter hour on the One just now.
Central News South January 9th 1989 - December 3rd 2006
JF
JF World News (previously JPF) West Country (East) Points West
JAS84 posted:

Wales Today did get new titles when Reith was introduced

World News Today didn't get the new template either still on the old titles with reith text?

Newer posts