« Topics
scottishtv1,791 posts since 6 Nov 2001
STV Central Reporting Scotland
I'm sure the main commons cameras are better quality than we've been seeing today. Some of the pictures looked sub-sd today though.

I agree, the picture quality from inside the Commons chamber looked a lot worse than the pictures you see during normal proceedings.

If you look at today's programme from around 1:24:00 you'll notice the difference from the walk down the corridor into to the chamber, then inside the chamber. Then cutting back to the Royal Gallery, the differences are very noticeable.
Rkolsen3,075 posts since 20 Jan 2014
BBC World News
Maybe the better Commons cameras were moved to for a better PQ if the bulk was in the Royal Gallery. That being said I’m just going with what you said.
Don’t let anyone treat you like you’re a VO/SOT when you’re a PKG.
Gusan86 posts since 24 Apr 2009
STV North Reporting Scotland
I'm sure the main commons cameras are better quality than we've been seeing today. Some of the pictures looked sub-sd today though.

I agree, the picture quality from inside the Commons chamber looked a lot worse than the pictures you see during normal proceedings.

If you look at today's programme from around 1:24:00 you'll notice the difference from the walk down the corridor into to the chamber, then inside the chamber. Then cutting back to the Royal Gallery, the differences are very noticeable.

My sense is that the cameras which are each side of the Speaker's chair do not have optical zooms because they small unobtrusive cameras only used for a fixed wide shot, but for this they are using a digital crop to get a close up of the speaker entering the chamber.