TV Home Forum

ITV Programming Thread

2017 (January 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
CU
Custard56
The upcoming episode of Millionaire is scheduled rather unusually. It runs for its usual hour, then an hour later it comes back for an extra 15 minutes. Too complicated to just give it a 75min slot?

Someone is obviously winning the £1m prize. No doubt cliffhanger ending at the 9pm junction.
JO
Jon
The upcoming episode of Millionaire is scheduled rather unusually. It runs for its usual hour, then an hour later it comes back for an extra 15 minutes. Too complicated to just give it a 75min slot?

That’s very strange.
There was a rumour on Bothers Bar someone gives an answer to a Million Pound question, my theory is that this is to build up an audience for a player reaching that question, you would surely just edit some of the waffle out and get it all into the hour otherwise? It’s also possible the run went into the next episode but they didn’t want a big win to be at the start of the episode

There are lots of standalone episodes this series so I wouldn’t be surprised if there has been a bit of moving them around.
AN
Andrew Founding member
There isn’t really much editable out waffle these days, it would look odd if high value questions were answered without discussion.
BR
Brekkie
It's the last in the series so the last contestant probably runs past the hour. I suspect it'll run in one go but been scheduled this way to avoid spoilers.
JO
Jon
It's the last in the series so the last contestant probably runs past the hour. I suspect it'll run in one go but been scheduled this way to avoid spoilers.

I don’t understand how it avoids spoilers?
BR
Brekkie
Just to make viewers think it's finishing at 9pm but infact it will overrun, but they've built the overrun into the schedule, rather clumsily admittedly. That's my theory anyway.
BM
BM11
Just to make viewers think it's finishing at 9pm but infact it will overrun, but they've built the overrun into the schedule, rather clumsily admittedly. That's my theory anyway.

That would annoy anyone recording either that or the following documentary.
JA
JAS84
Jon posted:

I don’t understand how it avoids spoilers?
The win won't have aired on the main channel before the initial show ends on +1?
CU
Custard56
So has there been any news about a contestant winning £1m tonight? Unless they're keeping it under wraps - but the 10pm special certainly suggests that it is a dead cert. I can't see any other reason why there's an excess 15 minutes. And it's a way of keeping viewers around for the Harry and Megan documentary.
BR
Brekkie
I think it'll have the opposite effect and they'll lose viewers for that slot. Should have just aired it 7.45-9pm. Indeed burning it off for 15 minutes suggests maybe it isn't won.

A last minute schedule change still wouldn't surprise me.
KE
kernow
So has there been any news about a contestant winning £1m tonight? Unless they're keeping it under wraps - but the 10pm special certainly suggests that it is a dead cert. I can't see any other reason why there's an excess 15 minutes. And it's a way of keeping viewers around for the Harry and Megan documentary.

As it's the last in the series, the 15 minute 10pm "special" may just be there because there wasn't time for the last contestant to finish before the end of the main show.

I agree it should have been shown as one programme rather than split into 2.
BR
Brekkie
Guess ITV Breakfast have the time back again this afternoon with another family movie rather than repeat of last nights X Factor prior to ITV showing one of the only dozen movies you'd think they have the rights too.

Take Me Out is back next Saturday. I thought it had been axed considering it usually airs Q1 or Q2, but demo wise you'd think it makes much more sense up against Strictly than The Chase.

Newer posts