The Newsroom

Sky News | General Discussion

(January 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
TV
TVViewer256
TTRWE posted:

Dreadful. Stick with the blue for Christ's sake.

I quite liked it. Warm and welcoming like a breakfast show set should be, whilst keeping some vibrancy to wake you up

Is this all the changes we are expecting? No sofa? Just the current big desk?

I have no idea if they plan to change anything else, but remember in the corner of the Westminster studio, opposite the desk there's a corner which initially was going to be used as a soft set for Sophy Ridge On Sunday (as in the image). This is pure speculation but they could use that.

Source - https://www.behance.net/gallery/47297955/Sophy-Ridge-on-Sunday
EY
the eye

Problem is the glass box is also meh. With all the beige lighting it looks so wrong to me. Why couldn't they at least keep the fresh white tone? Now the camera settings and lighting makes the walls look so disgustingly greenish and beige.

I prefer the lighting beige, looks a little more natural and less clinical.
SK
skyviewer

Problem is the glass box is also meh. With all the beige lighting it looks so wrong to me. Why couldn't they at least keep the fresh white tone? Now the camera settings and lighting makes the walls look so disgustingly greenish and beige.

I prefer the lighting beige, looks a little more natural and less clinical.

Really? I can see your point but having in my backhead that this is meant to be a news channel I think that fresher colder tones are more appropriate. It has gone so far that I turned all my tv screen settings to cold and also adjusted gamma settings and everything which makes the beige look green. It is ridiculous...
I would come to terms with the lighting used for the Newshour. Having the first two mirror lights switched to blue makes a welcomed difference! Anyway it seems to be hopeless. It seems as they want to stick with the current ToTH and graphics for another five years. Just the complete opposite to what this great newschannel used to be til 2015.
Last edited by skyviewer on 12 October 2019 8:40pm - 3 times in total
RE
Reece24
Sarah Jane has posted on Instagram a better look at the studio setup during her show
SK
skyviewer
Will the Sky News Today branding of Colin and Jayne's slot be removed as of Monday?
:-(
A former member

HB
HarryB
Sarah Jane has posted on Instagram a better look at the studio setup during her show

ME
mediamonkey91
Is this true that they are keeping the current graphics and TOH for another 5 years? If so, that is dreadful! The presentation is so bland at the moment! They really could do so much more. I was hoping they would use Kay’s move to breakfast as an excuse to jazz things up a bit. I’m just thankful they have a good line up of reporters and anchors at the moment. If If wasn’t for some of the great analysis they provide then it really would be a chore to watch! The white background they seem to use for almost everything is particularly jarring. It is just so boring and unimaginative. Not to mention that hideous pale blue backdrop behind some of the DTL’s from millbank. If they insist on putting guests in front of a green screen then at least put a decent backdrop behind them. They had a really nice shot of Big Ben for a while with blue sky and the sky news logo on it. Didn’t stick around for long though despite being a million times better than what they have now. Anyone know the reason? Also, that Sophy Ridge soft set is fab compared to the boring samey samey glass box. Why does that never see the light of day? Sure it could be used for other slots too with slight rearrangement and different stuff on the screens. Studio 6 could also be put to good use if only they would use its full potential. I’ve often wondered why they don’t have a shot on millbank behind the newsreader overnight instead of those nasty blue, red and white stripes on the screens. I just can’t understand why they want to play so safe when it actually just looks cheap and lazy.
Last edited by mediamonkey91 on 12 October 2019 8:41pm - 2 times in total
SK
skyviewer
I don't know how long they want to use this graphics package. My sentence sounds a bit misleading I actually meant:'' It seems as they want to stick to this style for another 5 years'. Just to clarify.
SK
skyviewer
The Kay Burley Show title card was more inventive...
BR
Brekkie
Will Kay be confined to a seat at Millbank? Feels like shes been on her feet for years.
TV
TVViewer256
Will Kay be confined to a seat at Millbank? Feels like shes been on her feet for years.

I’m not sure, but I would hope that they would use the Millbank pres areas like Boulton & Co, e.g. the various screens dotted around. There’s also the area with three screens and then that huge touchscreen tablet thing that was formerly used a lot, hopefully we can see a return of that

Newer posts