The Newsroom

Newsnight

ST
Stuart West Country (West) Spotlight
Every time I catch the end of Newsnight, they seem to miss the first few seconds of the closing theme, resulting in an awkward silence as we pan away.

They fixed it for you tonight. Obviously someone is reading this thread. Laughing
Ittr and London Lite gave kudos
NT
NorthTonight STV North Reporting Scotland
Think tonight’s presenter was stuck in a time warp.. announced The Late Show was coming up next... ah the good old days 😆
MF
Matthew_Fieldhouse Central (West) Midlands Today
Think tonight’s presenter was stuck in a time warp.. announced The Late Show was coming up next... ah the good old days 😆

To be fair the following programme at least contained the word late

14 days later

ST
Newsnight titles this evening in the style of Doctor Who, as they were talking about the 'Brexit Tunnel'. Quite nicely done.
JW
JamesWorldNews STV Central World News
Oh, I say!
@JamesWorldNews | #StayHomeSaveLives
ST
Oh, I say!

I think someone spent more than just a few moments today creating that, and clearly enjoyed it. Very Happy
DA
davidhorman Channel Channel Islands
Could've at least used the right font...
JA
JAS84 Yorkshire Look North (E.Yorks & Lincs)
Yeah, they should've used Futura, not Bank Gothic. Why use Bank Gothic anyway? If they weren't going to match the 1974 DW titles font, I would've expected Reith.
NG
noggin Founding member
Worth remembering that you can't just use any font on broadcast outlets - you have to ensure you have paid for and licensed them. It's not always straightforward to buy a font for a 'one off' graphic.

Creative Cloud has made life a lot easier - but some broadcasters are not able to use Creative Cloud because of other licensing and IT limitations, and not all broadcast graphics are created in Adobe environments.

9 days later

ST
I am rather liking the slightly remixed Newsnight theme, but especially that they again play out a full title and end credit sequence.

Normally the closing sequence is a long-shot pull out from the 'sofa area' of Studio B back to the desk, but this example from yesterday was just a shot over Westminster as they were broadcasting from the 'College Green Tent'.

Lovely. Very Happy
BR
Brekkie Wales Wales Today
No BBC logo on the endcap there.
Stay Local. Stay Safe. Stay Alive.
JW
JamesWorldNews STV Central World News
No BBC logo on the endcap there.

Clearly denying all responsibility for and association with Brexit and bringing undiluted politics to the peoples on a Saturday.......lol.

This new look is - as predicted - growing on me. Likey!
@JamesWorldNews | #StayHomeSaveLives

Newer posts