« Topics
DVB Cornwall8,472 posts since 4 Dec 2003
Westcountry Spotlight
A full revamp across all platforms has been released in the past 48 hours as part of the run-up to Tokyo 2020. Full rewind of the programme selected whether it's live or catchup is back. The resolution appears to have been improved slightly too. Navigation seems complex as before still reliant on knowing when, for the most recent material, the programme was transmitted for catch-up content. The full EPG is very good and shows all content across both channels, catchup and player only content (such as EuroBasket),

Massive improvement on the previous version

I look forward to the enhancements continuing as we lead up to Tokyo.
DVB Cornwall8,472 posts since 4 Dec 2003
Westcountry Spotlight
Also connected is the imminent launch of DPlay the Discovery Catchup service for their FTA content, replacing QuestOD. We'll see when that launches, but I suspect the player structure will be similar to New Eurosport. Whether it gets placed on platforms such as AppleTV we'll need to wait and see.
noggin14,546 posts since 26 Jun 2001
Also connected is the imminent launch of DPlay the Discovery Catchup service for their FTA content, replacing QuestOD. We'll see when that launches, but I suspect the player structure will be similar to New Eurosport. Whether it gets placed on platforms such as AppleTV we'll need to wait and see.

Ah - DPlay as a brand has been in use in Nordic nations for a while for Discovery-owned channel content.
dvboy9,876 posts since 11 Jan 2003
Central (West) Midlands Today
Guess we should start looking out for any deals which end up covering the games. Doubt they'll offer it for a penny a month next year.

Might do if it's the same as last year it would be for 6 months from January, which would expire before the Olympic Games.
(the offer was for the Amazon Prime Channel only anyway)
Watch it and find out.