The Newsroom

BBC News (UK) presentation - Reith launch onwards

From Monday 15th July 2019 (July 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
HB
HarryB
Did they just use the Afternoon Live headline bed just now in the midway junction on the Six?

Yes it was
NE
News96
And in the closing headline recap as well!
TI
TIGHazard
What happened on the News at One to make it not appear on iPlayer?
MO
Moz
Like the Coastal Britain DOG. Also love that it’s right in the corner thumbing it’s nose at the safe areas which aren’t necessary in the UK.
PF
PFML84
Is the BBC News website down for anyone else? Clicking on any story for the past 10 mins brings me to an Error 500 page featuring the Clangers.

EDIT - Nevermind, seems to be back now.
Last edited by PFML84 on 9 October 2019 11:33am
BA
bilky asko
Is the BBC News website down for anyone else? Clicking on any story brings me to an Error 500 page featuring the Clangers.

Same here; I've not seen that error page before either, so that's a novelty.

EDIT: And it's back
Last edited by bilky asko on 9 October 2019 11:30am
DA
davidhorman
I think I just caught the fake newsroom window background resetting or restarting. You'd think they have made sure to make it a seamless loop. Or is it usually live?
JK
JKDerry
I see today BBC One schedules have finally been changed for Monday 14th October to accommodate coverage of the upcoming State Opening of Parliament.

Details of the State Opening were released on the parliament website this morning. BBC One's coverage will run from 10.00am until 12.15pm, also on the BBC News Channel of course.

I doubt ITV will cover it, or maybe they will, due to the importance of this state opening?
NE
News96
And was it too much to ask of the schedulers just to let the News at Nine run as normal and just give Victoria Derbyshire the day off!
JA
JAS84
I see today BBC One schedules have finally been changed for Monday 14th October to accommodate coverage of the upcoming State Opening of Parliament.

Details of the State Opening were released on the parliament website this morning. BBC One's coverage will run from 10.00am until 12.15pm, also on the BBC News Channel of course.

I doubt ITV will cover it, or maybe they will, due to the importance of this state opening?
Radio Times is still showing the old schedule. There's no rugby that morning (that's what I went on the RT website to check), so there's no reason ITV can't cover it. But if they haven't the last few times they're unlikely to do so this time either.
AN
Andrew Founding member
ITV will cover it for about 10 mins at 1:30, 6:30 and at 10:00, and that will be sufficient for most. If anyone wants more coverage BBC1 and numerous news channels will have longer coverage.
BR
Brekkie

This is probably the least important state opening in history. Whatever happens with Brexit we're probably going from the longest session of Parliament to the shortest - could be over within a fortnight.

Newer posts