The Gallery

BBC News: Afternoon Live

(October 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DM
DeMarkay
Thank you all for the kind comments. Perhaps I will try and have a go at applying the same style to a national and/or regional sequence? Are there any other alterations/additions anyone would like?

BBC London for sure!
BA
Ballyboy
BBC Newsline love to see it in Reith albeit a mock lol
bkman1990, Po6xyPop77 and DeeMartie gave kudos
PP
Po6xyPop77
Once again, this is excellent! And I thought my skirt was excellent!
MO
Mouseboy33
Very nice mock. I hope one day someone will create a mock withe something completely new than the red rings and still photography and a swirling globe. But its good nonetheless..
MW
Mike W
Very nice mock. I hope one day someone will create a mock withe something completely new than the red rings and still photography and a swirling globe. But its good nonetheless..

Why don't you then? I think people are trying to create designs within the house style.

Back to the mock, very good work. I've awarded 5 stars because I could see that the stills should be motion shots.
MO
Mouseboy33

Why don't you then? I think people are trying to create designs within the house style.

Back to the mock, very good work. I've awarded 5 stars because I could see that the stills should be motion shots.

Calm down. Not reason to get triggered.
Clearly people like Newsroomer and others have great skills and can do cool things, just saying it would be nice to see something fresh and completely new. Because the BBC "in-house" spinning globes and rings is well past its expiry date IMO. Props to Newsroomer for your superior skills.
the eye, Brekkie and TVLand gave kudos
JK
JK08

Calm down. Not reason to get triggered.

I think you may have misinterpreted the sentiment behind Mike's message because that's certainly not how I read it. I think he was simply saying, why don't you have a go at it?
BK
bkman1990
Hello Newsroomer. Welcome to the forum. You have made a wonderful design on the mock titles & lower thirds for BBC Afternoon Live to start your time here on this website. It is absolutely beautifully done. I was simply stunned to see this work play out so well when it played out in the video. You have done an excellent job. Bravo. 5/5.
NE
Newsroomer
Thank you for all your very nice comments.
HA
harshy Founding member
Thank you for all your very nice comments.

This is top quality, well done Thumbs up

8 days later

KT
KT4YU
The dotted world map is reminiscent of Serbia's RTS "Dnvenik" or News bulletin... actually, it goes way back to the days of JRT (Yugoslav Radio Television) - nice to see it in this mock. Good work! Wink

For those interested, see here for these "classic' albeit slightly tacky idents:

36 days later

WI
Willz
What did you use to edit this?

Newer posts