TV Home Forum

Good Morning Britain

From Television Centre (April 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
NG
noggin Founding member
Look as if GMB (or some part of ITV) paid Jennifer Arcuri somthing around £10k-20k according to this : https://www.buzzfeed.com/markdistefano/arcuri-paid-itv
IS
Isonstine Founding member
The interview was fascinating... but for the wrong reasons. The fact they let her ramble about how wonderful and enigmatic Boris Johnson was during the first question set the tone. For what they got out of it was really not worthy of the extensive airtime.
:-(
A former member
Bet they’d never have booked her for a Shepherd and Garraway day...
BF
BFGArmy

I think the same Kate Garraway who has anchored on News 24, Sky News and done numerous interviews with prime ministers and the like just maybe might, just might have been able to conduct a decent interview.

And I suspect Shepherd and Garraway might have behaved slightly more professionally than Piers & Susanna did last week i.e. not yelling at the prime minister through a megaphone.
CraigWills and BBI45 gave kudos
JA
Jamesypoo

And I suspect Shepherd and Garraway might have behaved slightly more professionally than Piers & Susanna did last week i.e. not yelling at the prime minister through a megaphone.

You've made Phil's point for him. The point is the powers that be wanted it to be a Piers interview as the difference between Morgan and Reid is night and day compared to Garraway and Shepherd.
BF
BFGArmy

You've made Phil's point for him. The point is the powers that be wanted it to be a Piers interview as the difference between Morgan and Reid is night and day compared to Garraway and Shepherd.

My point was more that the sneering on here towards Ben and in particular Kate Garraway is the sort of thing TVF likes to pretend it is above and is honestly quite unattractive.
I mean some of the posts on the BBC thread yesterday about Carrie Gracie were plain horrid
WH
Whataday Founding member
I have no qualms in saying I find Ben and Kate as bland as a Chicken & Mushroom Pot Noodle in the same way I can say I find Piers and Susanna a pair of antagonists.

It has to be said, in all likelihood that an American interviewee is more likely to be attracted by a show hosted by Piers Morgan than him off Tipping Point. Whenever GMB's 'scoops' are discussed on US TV it is often mentioned as "Good Morning Britain, Piers Morgan's show".
London Lite and Brekkie gave kudos
JO
Jonwo

My point was more that the sneering on here towards Ben and in particular Kate Garraway is the sort of thing TVF likes to pretend it is above and is honestly quite unattractive.
I mean some of the posts on the BBC thread yesterday about Carrie Gracie were plain horrid

Ben and Kate are good presenters, they can be a bit silly at times but they’re both professional when need be.
NA
natoswald
The show had a proper close this morning, finishing at 7:52 due to the RWC.
DM
DeMarkay
The show had a proper close this morning, finishing at 7:52 due to the RWC.

It was lovely seeing a proper close, I wish it was permanent.
DW
DavidWhitfield
Yes, a lot better than what usually happens, which increasingly seems to be cutting off their final guest at 8:29am and garbling "ah, right, here's Lorraine!" at the speed of light before her character appears.
Last edited by DavidWhitfield on 10 October 2019 6:23am
CW
CraigWills
Yes, a lot better than what usually happens, which increasingly seems to be cutting off their final guest at 8:29am and garbling "ah, right, here's Lorraine!" at the speed of light before her character appears.

The ‘rush’ to handover to Lorraine is a bit awkward, no matter who’s presenting, and is even worse on Fridays when Lorraine is pre recorded and can sometimes cut them off mid sentence. Having a proper close every day would be a lot cleaner, allowing them to finish and then the music would make the whole thing sound/feel more smooth.

Newer posts