The Newsroom

Sky News | General Discussion

(January 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
RO
rob Founding member
It's an end of an era, in a way. Kay has been doing the afternoon shift for such a long time, certainly since the 2005 revamp though a bit earlier back then with Lunchtime Live. Not sure which slot she had before 2005?

If I recall correctly, prior to 2005, she did the 2-5 shift.
DA
Dave Founding member

Bloody hell... this just proves you can polish a turd! Shocked

The fact that background exists and the chose to use the random stripy blue thing says a lot about the decisions being made there... would look so much better and add some much needed consistency. Add a large desk to it and you’ll have a more respectable studio for an international broadcaster.
ST
Ste Founding member
Gallery picture from Kay Burleys twitter account:

TR
TheTravelcard
Maybe an unpopular opinion but I regret that Sarah Hewson did not pick up Mon-Thu afternoons, her delivery and tone on Fridays is brilliant. I'm not quite too sure why afternoon slots have become slightly geared to "and finally..." stories on a few news channels now but at least when she does them, her tone is less "wow that's amazing!" with no attempts at cheap gags, it's more calm and succinct (even on the "and finallys"). I don't watch afternoons much but when it's on in the office, it's easier to pay attention and feel 'up to date' when something's happening when she's on than when her peers appear in that slot.
JB
JasonB
How long has that “Brexit Countdown” been in the corner of the screen? Don’t often watch Sky News.
JW
JamesWorldNews
How long has that “Brexit Countdown” been in the corner of the screen? Don’t often watch Sky News.

357 years, it feels like........
LO
Londoner
rob posted:

If I recall correctly, prior to 2005, she did the 2-5 shift.

Back in 2001 she did the afternoon shift with Mark Longhurst.
LL
London Lite Founding member
I noticed that Sophy Ridge: The Take now comes from the glass box rather than Studio 6 presented by Sophy rather than a Sunrise presenter.
JE
Jeffmister
Good to see that change has been made - the previous format was clunky to put it mildly
LL
London Lite Founding member
Appears Kimberley Leonard is presenting from a CSO in Osterley with a live feed of the Millbank newsroom.
HB
HarryB
Appears Kimberley Leonard is presenting from a CSO in Osterley with a live feed of the Millbank newsroom.

It's not CSO it is the actual Millbank studio
SW
swordsman
I do sometimes wonder about the on location reporting. Sometimes it looks like the anchor could just be stood in front of a green screen - for example Hong Kong.

Newer posts