TV Home Forum

Freeview channels thread

CBS, horror, DMAX, Blaze, Food network, Yourtv etc : IF It's MAJOR Change start a new thread. (January 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
ST
steveboswell
Does no one else think there is a link between this new sky channel opening and the other so called Crime channels disappearing?

Nothing more sinister than the smaller players recognising that they won't be able to compete with Sky, even with a free to air offering. Sony have limited Freeview carriage and obviously feel they have a stronger proposition with movies. Fox have their premium brands to fall back on.
DM
DeMarkay
Really is no longer available on Sky.
NG
noggin Founding member

Eh? Really is showing Antiques Road Trip on channel 142 on my Sky box at the moment...
DM
DeMarkay

Eh? Really is showing Antiques Road Trip on channel 142 on my Sky box at the moment...

Yes really (pun intended). On the endboard of their promos it only says Freeview followed by the channel number, the same for Freesat.
:-(
A former member
Really and Home moved transponder yesterday according to King of Sat : https://en.kingofsat.net/find.php?question=really
NG
noggin Founding member
Really and Home moved transponder yesterday according to King of Sat : https://en.kingofsat.net/find.php?question=really

Were they previously sharing transponder capacity with the now-BBC-owned UKTV channels? Presumably they have moved to other space now they are separate?
JA
JAS84

Yes really (pun intended). On the endboard of their promos it only says Freeview followed by the channel number, the same for Freesat.
So the channel is still available but is no longer on the EPG?
:-(
A former member
Or was it just a mix up?
NG
noggin Founding member
JAS84 posted:

So the channel is still available but is no longer on the EPG?

As I said - it's on Channel 142 on Sky - so it's in the EPG.

19 days later

BE
benriggers
Just curious has ITV3+1 gone 24/7 on Freeview? As my Freeview box EPG is showing listings for it all day, but channel itself is still showing as "programmes return at 9pm" caption.
PF
PFML84
I get all day listings too but a 9pm data screen when you tune in. Been like that for ages,

13 days later

DV
DVB Cornwall
Sad to see that the Digital UK website with it’s technical background has now been subsumed into the Freeview one now.

Newer posts