The Newsroom

The RTE News Thread

Discussion about RTE News (August 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JK
JKDerry
Interesting to see RTE One testing out the simulcast of Morning Ireland on RTE One tomorrow Friday from 7.00am - 9.00am for the first time. This is due to Storm Lorenzo affecting Ireland, but it is also an experiment RTE are doing to see if there is a small audience there on RTE One for the simulcast to move when RTE News Now eventually closes down, possibly in the new year.
BA
Ballyboy
I would like to see that, honestly thought Rte news now would be 24 hour like bbc news. morning Ireland sounds very good
JK
JKDerry
I would like to see that, honestly thought Rte news now would be 24 hour like bbc news. morning Ireland sounds very good

Morning Ireland webcam simulcast is better than nothing on RTE One from 7.00am, it will be interesting if RTE decide to do it permanent. When I asked RTE about the possibility of doing this, they said it is a suggestion they are indeed considering.
TV
TVLand
Interesting to see RTE One testing out the simulcast of Morning Ireland on RTE One tomorrow Friday from 7.00am - 9.00am for the first time. This is due to Storm Lorenzo affecting Ireland, but it is also an experiment RTE are doing to see if there is a small audience there on RTE One for the simulcast to move when RTE News Now eventually closes down, possibly in the new year.
Have you been told that they are experimenting or is it simply just because of a large weather event which is when it is normally broadcast on RTE One?
Last edited by TVLand on 3 October 2019 9:49pm
AJ
AJB39

It’s not the first time Morning Ireland has been on RTÉ 1. It happened before during Storms Ophelia and Emma. I do think it should be permanently on RTÉ 1 if News Now does close.
JK
JKDerry
Have you been told that they are experimenting or is it simply just because of a large weather event which is when it is normally broadcast on RTE One?

When I contacted RTE a few weeks a go asking them about the possible closure of RTE News Now and the possibility of the Morning Ireland simulcast moving to RTE One, they said that suggestion was one they were considering for the future and will test it out at some point. The "some point" must have been the storm, good reason for them to test it.
BK
bkman1990
Budget 2020 was broadcast on RTÉ One & RTÉ News Now today.

Here's a sample of the graphics being used for today's coverage.

Last edited by bkman1990 on 8 October 2019 9:21pm - 2 times in total
AJ
AJB39
Interesting that the Budget opposition speeches were moved this year from RTÉ 2 to RTÉ News Now. It’s the first time I can remember them not been on RTÉ 2.

23 days later

BK
bkman1990
Did anyone see the ending of RTÉ Six-One for Halloween tonight? I thought it was brilliant.
RD
RDJ
Did anyone see the ending of RTÉ Six-One for Halloween tonight? I thought it was brilliant.

Im not sure you’d get BBC News doing that after the Six!
CI
cityprod
RDJ posted:

Im not sure you’d get BBC News doing that after the Six!

That's part of the problem with BBC News. They take themselves far too seriously. RTE News at least can have a moment of fun at the end of the bulletin without it affecting their reporting.
AJ
AJB39
That’s such a cool end to the programme!

Newer posts