TV Home Forum

ITV Daytime reshuffle

Rumours of later GMB and longer This Morning? (August 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JO
Jonwo
I'm not sure if Supermarket Sweep would work as the new ITV2 series is skewed towards the ITV2 target audience.
DM
DeMarkay
Jonwo posted:

The only way to solve the 9.25am issue is to throw a load of pilot series at it, proceed with 2 or 3 to series then over time just like Tenable has at 3pm and Tipping Point did at 4pm one will probably claim the slot outright. Considering they've commissioned quite alot for weekend mornings lately to try and find something that works I don't think that should be an issue - just take a bit of time. I also suspect they'll be able to get something cheaper than Jeremy Kyle into the slot - as much as it was trash TV I suspect Kyle himself had quite a high salary and for all it's faults that caused it's demise they'd have been quite alot of salaries and payments for people and services that shows in other genres simply don't need.

I think ITV are planning a couple of pilot series but it'll take some time, they only started taking pitches a month after they cancelled Kyle.

This is good to read. Much better idea than the rumour of making This Morning 3 hours long.

I still think Supermarket Sweep should have taken the slot for a few weeks. Maybe Win, Lose or Draw next?

Supermarket Sweep could work if they did create a daytime version for ITV. Just like WWTBAM in the US had a syndicated daytime version.
JO
Jonwo
Jonwo posted:

I think ITV are planning a couple of pilot series but it'll take some time, they only started taking pitches a month after they cancelled Kyle.

This is good to read. Much better idea than the rumour of making This Morning 3 hours long.

I still think Supermarket Sweep should have taken the slot for a few weeks. Maybe Win, Lose or Draw next?

Supermarket Sweep could work if they did create a daytime version for ITV. Just like WWTBAM in the US had a syndicated daytime version.

I don't think it'd be worth ITV having two different versions for ITV and ITV2,
TI
TIGHazard
Jonwo posted:

What makes it different for ITV2, aside from having contestants from Love Island (And even that could be wrong, because I can't find where I read that).
MR
mr_vivian
Jonwo posted:

What makes it different for ITV2, aside from having contestants from Love Island (And even that could be wrong, because I can't find where I read that).

Totally different audience.
LL
London Lite Founding member
The best example of having the same format for different audiences is Coach Trip. When it was on Channel 4, it targeted everyone from students to the elderly. When it moved to E4, it became strictly young adults.
SP
Steve in Pudsey
Countdown and 8 out of 10 Cats does Countdown is an extreme example
TI
TIGHazard
Jonwo posted:

But does this mean a format change, or is it just the contestants on the show?

If Pointless is altered to have child contestants, it would air on CBBC. But if I revert it back to normal, it would continue to air on One.

If I revert Coach Trip back to it's usual format, by taking it away from Ibiza and with a regular mix of contestants, it could air on C4 again.

If Rylan's Supermarket Sweep has contestants of mixed ages instead of people in their 20's/Love Island people (or whatever), could it air in the 9.25 slot on ITV?
FA
fanoftv
From the trailers and clips on this morning it looks identical, I do wonder how they will bulk it out to fill the hour, I’m assuming more mini sweeps and rounds to add up time making the sweeps slightly longer, that and more banter with the contestants, plus celebrities who are dropping by (Eamonn & Ruth appears as guests in one edition).
MR
mr_vivian

But does this mean a format change, or is it just the contestants on the show?

If Pointless is altered to have child contestants, it would air on CBBC. But if I revert it back to normal, it would continue to air on One.

If I revert Coach Trip back to it's usual format, by taking it away from Ibiza and with a regular mix of contestants, it could air on C4 again.

If Rylan's Supermarket Sweep has contestants of mixed ages instead of people in their 20's/Love Island people (or whatever), could it air in the 9.25 slot on ITV?

It should be on itv at 9.25. With Jeremy Kyle gone it was the perfect opportunity to experiment and well... that was its original slot.

With it being on every weeknight on itv2 I'm not sure it'll hold the audience. It's a risky one.
Si-Co and DavidWhitfield gave kudos

33 days later

TC
TCOTV
According to the sun from January 2020 this morning will be on for an extra 30mins.

6:30am Good Morning Britain
9:00am Lorraine
10:00am This Morning
12:30pm Loose Women

An extended news update is rumoured for 6:00am.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/10056706/itv-scrap-jeremy-kyle-slot-extend-this-morning/
:-(
A former member
So basically No one could come up with a better idea? I still wish Loose woman went to 1pm and we would get the lunchtime news back to 12.30
Rogo23, DJ Dave and watchingtv gave kudos

Newer posts