Media Websites

YouTube Gold

ClassicTV gold on youtube (February 2007)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
FO
FanOfTV99

Found some unused idents from ITV, this time from 2000
:-(
A former member
Unused? Silly Youtube user... There were used... Certain people on Youtube just don't help matters.
JA
james-2001
I'm pretty sure they were used, the Yorkshire version definitely was.
:-(
A former member
Yep I think I remember the Granada one too.
TM
ToasterMan
Here's a great one, from the first month of the CiTV September 1998 refresh, note the presentation and set remained the same throughout the whole year, but the first month saw that oversized DOG still in use.
Last edited by ToasterMan on 29 September 2019 9:45am
RD
RDJ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnTNz82TEKs

Found some unused idents from ITV, this time from 2000

I posted a clip of it in action on this thread a year ago.

RDJ posted:
Yorkshire's Millennium ident here which was also designed for use for Granada and Tyne Tees too. A marked improvement on the offerings from other non-Carlton regions. I remember this ident being mentioned on one of the pres websites but thought that it had mentioned that it never made it to air?

Also one of the final ITV News appearances of Julia Somerville before she'd move on to the ITN News Channel, even more unusually hosting a weekend bulletin (though understandably it was New Year's Day).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHMlY8asw2Q
FO
FanOfTV99
RDJ posted:
I posted a clip of it in action on this thread a year ago.

Oh sorry, my mistake.
FO
FanOfTV99

The first-ever Channel 4 News has been uploaded in tribute to Peter Sissons
JA
james-2001
Not in very good condition, especially all the picture disturbance at the beginning, do Channel 4 or ITN not have a better copy than that? There's definitely better copies floating round there!

The picture even breiefly switches to different sources, including what looks like an incoming news agency feed (from IBA in Jerusalem), for a couple of seconds at the 0:50 mark.
Last edited by james-2001 on 2 October 2019 6:45pm
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
Might be a case of whichever file they found first which just happened to be one that came from a tatty old tape.

Interesting to note the presentation style is very akin to This Is Your Life.
JA
james-2001
Clearly didn't last long, within a few months the studio was gone and the presenter was just in front of a CSO background.
JA
JAS84
Might be a case of whichever file they found first which just happened to be one that came from a tatty old tape.
Yeah, this was a rushed upload, as they've done it because Peter Sissons died. It's not one they planned long in advance.

Newer posts