TV Home Forum

Strictly Come Dancing | 2019

Rylan Joins the Presenting Line-Up (April 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
CA
Capybara
AxG posted:
16 Sep 2019 - 22 Sep 2019

Sorry to ask, but why are Emmerdale and Coronation Street played out by ITV Breakfast (which I assume is the same ITV Breakfast formerly known as GMTV)?
AS
Ash101
It says ITV/Breakfast Total, which I would presume to mean the total 24/7 output of ITV is reported as 1. Instead of the “ITV Breakfast” slot till 9:25am showing as a different channel.
Lou Scannon and Capybara gave kudos
JO
Joe
ITV slash breakfast
Lou Scannon and Capybara gave kudos

33 days later

GB
Gary Baldy
Shirley was very harsh to Anton the other night- think there might be another situation like what happened with Brendan.
TC
TCOTV
Shirley was very harsh to Anton the other night- think there might be another situation like what happened with Brendan.

I HOPE NOT!

Shirley takes her role to seriously and for me is spoiling the tone of the show. I still think Darcy left because of her and I much preferred Darcy. If I was the BBC I would axe Shirley get Darcy back and get rid of that awful head judge role. Either take it back to the public vote if the judges can’t agree or have an odd number of judges. Would be much fairer that way.
GB
Gary Baldy
TCOTV posted:

I HOPE NOT!

Shirley takes her role to seriously and for me is spoiling the tone of the show. I still think Darcy left because of her and I much preferred Darcy. If I was the BBC I would axe Shirley get Darcy back and get rid of that awful head judge role. Either take it back to the public vote if the judges can’t agree or have an odd number of judges. Would be much fairer that way.

I didn't particularly like Darcey that much, but now that she's gone, her absence is really noticeable.

Motsi is OK, but the combo of her-Shirley-Bruno is too energetic. I still miss Len Goodman- so glad he's still on DWTS.

Anton (same applied to Brendan) is the nicest guy in the world, and just like Brendan, is one of a kind, no replacement will ever come close to him in impact they've made for the show.

I loved Shirley her first year, but she seems to be very biased towards certain contestants this year, and harsh to others.
BR
Brekkie
So on the one hand Shirley is too serious and on the other too energetic. Shes probably doing just fine then.
UBox, Lou Scannon and Cando gave kudos
GB
Gary Baldy
So on the one hand Shirley is too serious and on the other too energetic. Shes probably doing just fine then.

Too serious when it comes to having the 'head judge' role. She's overly harsh on certain contestants, and overly positive to others (mainly younger, handsome men.)

She already obviously had some sort of influence in one pro's departure, I wouldn't be surprised if Anton is gone next year.

14 days later

GB
Gary Baldy
Anyone notice the sound on Saturday was odd? It seemed to keep changing volume.

14 days later

JO
Josh
One thing I don't like about the results show apart from it not being live, is that whenever the musical guest performs, the pro dancers take the spotlight. I know it's a dancing show but it's nice to have a break sometimes.
BR
Brekkie
Josh posted:
One thing I don't like about the results show apart from it not being live, is that whenever the musical guest performs, the pro dancers take the spotlight. I know it's a dancing show but it's nice to have a break sometimes.

The guests are there for the pro dancers to take the spotlight - it is a dancing show afterall. If you want a break from the dancing well there are 166 hours of the week without Strictly on BBC1.

And frankly to the dancing is minimal anyway - 6 x 2 minute performances on Saturday and 4 x 2 minute performances on Sunday. Of the couple hours Strictly was on air this weekend you only had to endure 20 minutes of dancing.

13 days later

DM
DeMarkay
What does Gethin mean by this?

Newer posts