TV Home Forum

New Sky channels: Crime, Comedy, Documentaries, Nature

Sky Documentaries, History and Nature now launched (August 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
SH
Sh1ruba
Any clips of the presentation and idents?
WH
whoiam989

8:00 pm
Fred Dinenage: Murder Casebook

Guilty. Bang him up for life. No chance of parole..

How did he end up there?
RD
rdd Founding member
So it has replaced Real Lives, and SkySportsMix, Challenge and Sky Two have all shuffled down the EPG to allow it to go in at 121. However, Real Lives still had listings going up to at least 11 October when I checked yesterday.

Suspect that there’ll be more than a couple of NFL fans on the hunt for Sky Sports Mix on Sunday evening, it’s bumped all the way to 145.
FO
FOX35
Yet more totally Trash TV from $ky that costs them ZERO and they've got the audacity to hide it behind a paywall! Nearly all of the content is or was on a free to air equivalent. I'm more and more disillusioned with the ALL the Pay TV companies ripping us off! As soon as my contract is up I will be off to Cut The Cord!!!
Disgraceful.
HC
Hatton Cross

8:00 pm
Fred Dinenage: Murder Casebook

Guilty. Bang him up for life. No chance of parole..

How did he end up there?

IIRC he wrote a book about The Krays, and ended up fronting a (non ITV made) documentary about them.
Obviously it was a ratings smash - in the digital multi channel world - so this is a full series spin off.

Just seen the clever use of italics. Very good!
SH
Sh1ruba
Got a glimpse of one of the idents earlier.
They look very slick and use that same yellow bar theme.
FU
fusionlad Founding member
FOX35 posted:
Yet more totally Trash TV from $ky
and trash post from you.
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
FOX35 posted:
Yet more totally Trash TV from $ky that costs them ZERO and they've got the audacity to hide it behind a paywall! Nearly all of the content is or was on a free to air equivalent. I'm more and more disillusioned with the ALL the Pay TV companies ripping us off! As soon as my contract is up I will be off to Cut The Cord!!!
Disgraceful.

Come off it sunshine - if you was *that* disillusioned with Pay TV you wouldn't have signed up in the first place.
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/cancel-sky-tv will be of use to you in the future I'm quite sure.
FO
FOX35
FOX35 posted:
Disgraceful.

Come off it sunshine - if you was *that* disillusioned with Pay TV you wouldn't have signed up in the first place.
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/cancel-sky-tv will be of use to you in the future I'm quite sure.

Well no actually. I'm with VM.
My point is that whilst yes there are some good channels with quality programming, ie Sky Witness, Universal TV, FOX, which I am more than happy to subscribe to, I am just disillusioned with the ever ongoing price hikes only to be given previously aired programming that is essentially just Freeview content masquerading as a *new* channel.
If Sky Crime was a mix of AMC, Showtime, Starz, etc and some repeated Atlantic content of top crime dramas then I would be more than happy and it might justify the ongoing price increases. Ofcourse, I get Sky Atlantic is premier quality and Sky only, but they missed a trick by not putting their 2nd/3rd run programming on Sky Crime, or maybe similar to how they utilize Sky Sports Mix.
Last edited by FOX35 on 1 October 2019 7:02pm
RO
Rofters
Got a glimpse of one of the idents earlier.
They look very slick and use that same yellow bar theme.

AJ
AJ
FOX35 posted:
FOX35 posted:
Disgraceful.

Well no actually. I'm with VM.
My point is that whilst yes there are some good channels with quality programming, ie Sky Witness, Universal TV, FOX, which I am more than happy to subscribe to, I am just disillusioned with the ever ongoing price hikes only to be given previously aired programming that is essentially just Freeview content masquerading as a *new* channel.
If Sky Crime was a mix of AMC, Showtime, Starz, etc and some repeated Atlantic content of top crime dramas then I would be more than happy and it might justify the ongoing price increases. Ofcourse, I get Sky Atlantic is premier quality and Sky only, but they missed a trick by not putting their 2nd/3rd run programming on Sky Crime, or maybe similar to how they utilize Sky Sports Mix.

Not quite sure what you're on about, but you should probably take your gripe up with Virgin Media if you're not happy with the value of the subscription that you're getting from them.
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
FOX35 posted:

Virgin Media is just another outlet for channels, including Sky. They don't control the content of the Sky provided channels, in fact I don't believe Virgin Media as it stands actually makes any TV now since they flogged the former Flextech operation to Sky and whatever else they had shares in over the years were all sold as well, effectively reducing them to just a distribution platform.

But regardless your beef is with Virgin. Take it up with them. You may also want to write to Sky directly as a viewer of their channels albeit not through their platform as to what you want to see on them.
japitts, Charlesy and AJ gave kudos

Newer posts