TV Home Forum

Freeview channels thread

CBS, horror, DMAX, Blaze, Food network, Yourtv etc : IF It's MAJOR Change start a new thread. (January 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MI
TheMike
BBC channels are being broadcast on UHF channels 32 (new) and 58 (old) from Pontop Pike until 13th November 2019 as a test to see if households need an aerial upgrade.

See BBC channels on Freeview channels 1, 2 and 751, 752 and you are OK. If you only see 751, 752 etc after retuning, then a call to the Freeview Advice Line is needed. A free aerial upgrade is available unless you have Sky, Freesat or Virgin Media on your primary set.

The new frequency went live on Wednesday, but viewers weren't invited to retune until last Thursday. This gave engineers 24 hours to move unaffected relays to the new feed.
TI
TIGHazard
BBC channels are being broadcast on UHF channels 32 (new) and 58 (old) from Pontop Pike until 13th November 2019 as a test to see if households need an aerial upgrade.

See BBC channels on Freeview channels 1, 2 and 751, 752 and you are OK. If you only see 751, 752 etc after retuning, then a call to the Freeview Advice Line is needed. A free aerial upgrade is available unless you have Sky, Freesat or Virgin Media on your primary set.

The new frequency went live on Wednesday, but viewers weren't invited to retune until last Thursday. This gave engineers 24 hours to move unaffected relays to the new feed.

Great. Looks like I need to buy another aerial then (and considering this one claims to be 'wide-band' and bought from Argos in 2012, I'm not pleased)

11 days later

:-(
A former member
KU
Kunst
Like ABC1, closing down at 12pm

Very Disney
ZE
zeebre12
Why didn't Fox air Nat Geo's back catalogue on Your TV like Discovery have Quest? It probably would have done better?
PF
PFML84
It was a waste of a channel, had no decent programming, no advertising, was relegated to a channel number way down the list... I'm surprised it lasted 4 years.

But what will it be replaced with...?
IS
Inspector Sands
An unspectacular end to an unspectacular channel: a couple of ads, and a long promo for Fox which got cut off mid way through

EDIT: there was an announcement about the closure before the last programme.... but then over the credits of the last programme there was one saying what was meant to be on next Rolling Eyes
Last edited by Inspector Sands on 27 September 2019 2:48pm - 2 times in total
VM
VMPhil
I can honestly say I watched it once during the four years it was on air. Which to be fair is probably more times than most people on here.
CU
Curto21
I recorded the ending of the channel on my sky q box and after the fox promo just before 12pm a final ident played but was cut short by sky who must have cut the signal before the announcer can say goodbye.
KE
kernow
I recorded the ending of the channel on my sky q box and after the fox promo just before 12pm a final ident played but was cut short by sky who must have cut the signal before the announcer can say goodbye.

That’s happened with channel closures in the past, where they’ve been cut off in the middle of adverts, for example.

I think it’s because the signal gets cut off at a certain time, which I’m guessing in this case was exactly 12pm.
IS
Inspector Sands
Yes if they don't time the playout schedule to hit the precise time that the carriage gets pulled it's messy.

In this case it looked very last minute, the EPG had programmes past 12 this morning and then changed to reflect the closure later on. It did look like the planned schedule was still there, just with a hastily replaced announcement. It might still be running with the days schedule of course, sitting there with no one watching...
JA
JAS84
Why close at 12noon? Midnight would make more sense.

Also, they definitely did a Granada Plus here. That channel got closed down at similarly short notice.

Newer posts