The Newsroom

Naga Munchetty | BBC DG Overturns Ruling

BBC Backs Down (September 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MA
Markymark
Don't think you'll be getting That explanation Carrie!
]

NewsWatch is thataway Carrie.......
DV
DVB Cornwall
Former Vice Chair and Former Acting Chair of the BBC Trust Diane Coyle weighs in ....

BR
Brekkie
Was she on air this morning?
JA
Jamesypoo
Was she on air this morning?

Yes, presenting with Charlie Stayt.
CA
Cando
. If a C4 News presenter had made similar remarks, nothing would have happened, and Piers Morgan's antics on GMB speak for themselves.

Isn't that exactly the point, the editorial department do not want the News presenters to go down the Fox style route of adding opinion to the News especially a mainstream bulletin. (Snow and Piers have very little credibility outside their small partisan audiences/twitter bubble)

I cannot believe people here who watch so much news on here cannot see the slippery slope you're encouraging.
tightrope78 and gordonthegopher gave kudos
MA
Markymark
Cando posted:
. If a C4 News presenter had made similar remarks, nothing would have happened, and Piers Morgan's antics on GMB speak for themselves.

Isn't that exactly the point, the editorial department do not want the News presenters to go down the Fox style route of adding opinion to the News especially a mainstream bulletin. (Snow and Piers have very little credibility outside their small partisan audiences/twitter bubble)

I cannot believe people here who watch so much news on here cannot see the slippery slope you're encouraging.

I'm not encouraging anything. She recounted her own experience of racism, which is fine, that's fact , not opinion . The mistake she made was to follow it up with an off hand opinion. In total, in my opinion Cool , not worthy of the public punishment received, a one to one chat with the show's editor should have been suffice
RK
Rkolsen
I mean isn’t it a known fact that POTUS is a racist? Look at him calling Mexicans rapists, entire countries sh*tholes, to taking out full page ads in NY newspapers calling for the death penalty of the Central Park five and never apologizing (and doubling down) even when they were exonerated and cleared. Those were just off the top of my head.
BM
BM11

JW
JamesWorldNews
The online support for Naga is building. A number of on air and off air colleagues have voiced their support and criticized the committee’s ruling.

I see comments from Matthew Price, Karishma Vaswani, Sally Bundock.....
CU
Custard56
It's reaching the point where Naga becoming the story will make it untenable for her to remain with BBC News / Breakfast.
JR
JRY
It's reaching the point where Naga becoming the story will make it untenable for her to remain with BBC News / Breakfast.

I really don't think that's the case. Various journalists have approached Naga for comment and she's not responded. It will blow over - unless she wants to speak out.

In other news, today was the first day for new editor Richard Frediani. He's tweeted that he's excited to get to work - mentioning Dan, Louise, Naga and Charlie. Hopefully he'll get working on a new set...
JW
JamesWorldNews
Please, Richard. Please.

We’re crying out for a new set.

Newer posts