(January 2013)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MF
Matthew_Fieldhouse
Nick Owen co-presenting Afternoon Live from Stoke-On-Trent
JO
Jon
Nick Owen co-presenting Afternoon Live from Stoke-On-Trent

Nick Owen and Simon McCoy, got to be the dream pairing.
SP
Steve in Pudsey
And the other Nick Owen on Nationwide from Brum?

Edit: or was it that Nick Owen co presenting?
BA
Ballyboy
I thought news nationwide was after sport sorry just got home
MF
Matthew_Fieldhouse
And the other Nick Owen on Nationwide from Brum?

Edit: or was it that Nick Owen co presenting?

No Nationwide or business news on Afternoon Live

Nick Owen, main presenter of Midlands Today.
Last edited by Matthew_Fieldhouse on 26 September 2019 9:12pm
LS
Lou Scannon
Nicholas David Arundel Owen (BBC News Channel / BBC national news / Classic FM / former ITN stalwart) generally goes by "Nicholas", doesn't he?

Nicholas Corbishley Owen (Midlands Today / Anne Diamond's on-off presenting colleague / former chairman of Luton Town F.C.), conversely, has always gone by "Nick" methinks.

Any talk of " Nick Owen", I would always assume means the latter.

EDIT: Plus, it seems logical to assume that it would be the BBC Birmingham stalwart presenting from such a firmly Midlands Today territory as Stoke-on-Trent.
Last edited by Lou Scannon on 26 September 2019 8:08pm
SP
Steve in Pudsey
Nicholas David Arundel Owen (BBC News Channel / BBC national news / Classic FM / former ITN stalwart) generally goes by "Nicholas", doesn't he?

Exhibit A, m'Lud (17m17s)

LS
Lou Scannon
I did say "generally" (as opposed to exclusively), mind...

41 days later

MW
Mike W
If you ever wondered what happened to the old Midlands Today sofa and desk....

It appeares they've been sent to BBC Wood Norton (found this during my search for whoever made TV sofas...)
Last edited by Mike W on 6 November 2019 2:39am
DE
deejay
Quite a lot of ex BBC Birmingham sets end up at Wood Norton. For those who don’t know, it’s the BBC training centre. There are three television studios, the picture above is Studio A. Studio B is just through the darkish corridor with the ladders propped up (top right) and (last time I was there) also had an old Midlands a Today set in it. Studio C is behind the photographers camera position, across a corridor. They are all different sizes and have different lighting equipment but share cameras so it’s not quite as extravagant as it might seem. A has motorised lighting barrels that drop to the floor. B is a small news style studio and is where regional types practice lighting news sets and fixed positions. C is light entertainment style studio and has manual pantograph lighting fixtures which are dragged around and adjusted via poles.

Studio A was used on air several years ago for a cbbc show though I can’t remember what it was called. There was, last time I was there, still a green blobs cbbc sign outside.
DE
deejay
And here’s the blob sign - which in this photo clearly shows the blobs covering up a very old BBC tv logo!
RD
RDJ
Said show was ‘Making It’ - It was a Fame Academy version to find a new CBBC presenter and was live weekdays during quarter and semi final stages from Wood Norton on the CBBC Channel.

Newer posts