The Newsroom

Naga Munchetty | BBC DG Overturns Ruling

BBC Backs Down (September 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JW
JamesWorldNews
I can’t believe Nags has been rapped over the knuckles for those Trump comments.

I’m sure I’ve heard far worse said of POTUS by other broadcasters.
Last edited by JamesWorldNews on 30 September 2019 7:16pm - 2 times in total
MA
Markymark
I can’t believe Nags has been rapped over the knuckles for those Trump comments.

<checks Daily Express web site: Finds nothing>

Care to elaborate ?
MF
Matthew_Fieldhouse

Care to elaborate ?

https://news.google.com/stories/CAAqSQgKIkNDQklTTERvSmMzUnZjbmt0TXpZd1NoOGFIV1JHY1VscVMySkNNRVJYVTBsSFRWOVlXVUl0YWkwNGFIWnNSbE5OS0FBUAE?q=naga+munchetty&lr=English&hl=en-GB&gl=GB&ceid=GB:en
MA
Markymark

Care to elaborate ?

https://news.google.com/stories/CAAqSQgKIkNDQklTTERvSmMzUnZjbmt0TXpZd1NoOGFIV1JHY1VscVMySkNNRVJYVTBsSFRWOVlXVUl0YWkwNGFIWnNSbE5OS0FBUAE?q=naga+munchetty&lr=English&hl=en-GB&gl=GB&ceid=GB:en

I remember seeing that live. Naga does sometimes tend to open her mouth without engaging her brain when she deviates off script, but I don't think that particular instance was worthy of punishment
CU
Custard56
What an absolutely idiotic decision by the BBC. I hope she isn't made to apologise - or even worse, sacked. I can see Naga Munchetty resigning in protest over this, sticking two fingers up at the corporation and swanning off to Good Morning Britain.

Talk about the BBC shooting itself in the foot. Totally unnecessarily, they may well lose a good presenter in Naga.
Last edited by Custard56 on 25 September 2019 8:15pm - 3 times in total
AN
Andrew Founding member
Carrie Gracie has also waded in, having a go at BBC management for making this decision.
SP
Steve in Pudsey
Shades of Iain Lee getting sacked for calling a bigot a bigot.
radiolistener, Blake Connolly and Inspector Sands gave kudos
BR
Brekkie
Exactly. Too much racism hasn't been called out in recent years.

They should be free to call Boris Johnson a liar too.
Night Thoughts and denton gave kudos
IS
Inspector Sands

They should be free to call Boris Johnson a liar too.

Well as he's been fired for lying twice and now the highest court in the land has said he lied it isn't libellous
CU
Custard56
Even if she isn't disciplined in some form (and it sounds like she will be), it is difficult to see how Naga would want to continue presenting for Breakfast / the BBC after this.

It makes you wonder who complained. And how utterly spineless the BBC is for giving into them.
BR
Brekkie
She clearly has the support of her colleagues and the clip was of no editorial concern at the time, being posted on social media by BBC Breakfast and still remaining there.

As much though as she is a professional I'd love them to have a silent protest tomorrow and have 3 hours of silence on Breakfast. However given tonight's events be more interesting if they just went for it no holds barred on Boris and Trump.
CU
Custard56
I wonder if Sunday was the last we saw of Naga on Breakfast and the BBC. She's due to present tomorrow but I can't see it happening.

Newer posts