The Newsroom

Sky News | Kay Burley@Breakfast

LAUNCHES 14th OCTOBER 2019 (September 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BR
Brekkie
Do they use the VR set for anything other than Sunrise on weekdays?
MA
Markymark
Didn't realise it was moving to Millbank as well - .

I didn't realise that either, that's a good move, nice to have a geographical relocation that makes perfect editorial sence!
IS
Inspector Sands
Interesting move for Kay, Sunrise was her gig about 20 years ago.

I remember Chris Evans refering to seeing "Kay Burley who gets up early" on the telly in the studio on either Radio 1 or Virgin back in the day.

And of course she was on TVam too
MA
mark Founding member
Very significant though to axe Sunrise after 30 years.

Indeed. It's right up there with the longest-serving news brands to be axed in recent history.

The BBC's Nine o'clock News was around for 30 years and ITV's News at Ten (when it was originally axed in 1999) had been around for 32.

To be fair, though, those were both on terrestrial channels and meant an end to news in those time slots.
WO
Worzel

I remember Chris Evans refering to seeing "Kay Burley who gets up early" on the telly in the studio on either Radio 1 or Virgin back in the day.

There's a story I was once told about that, but won't share on here!
JO
Joe

There's a story I was once told about that, but won't share on here!

Okay thanks

12 days later

JW
JamesWorldNews
Predominantly single-headed breakfast shows are something of a rarity and rarely work well or last long. It will be interesting to see the exact format of this and how it’s going to work.
JK
JK08
Promo

JW
JamesWorldNews
“Guess who’s coming to breakfast.......” - nice play on the terrifying Hollywood legends of the olden day!
DE
derek500
Yes ! No more separate sport mon - thurs I’m moving to weekends with @skystephen & @skygillian where there will be

https://twitter.com/SkyJacquie/status/1181090855840604160

What about the weather?
JW
JamesWorldNews
Yes ! No more separate sport mon - thurs I’m moving to weekends with @skystephen & @skygillian where there will be

https://twitter.com/SkyJacquie/status/1181090855840604160

What about the weather?

It’s raining.
SK
skyviewer
It's interesting how you think it cannot get any worse with sky news and then it does...
So sad to see.

Newer posts