The Newsroom

Government to suspend Parliament

Discussion of coverage (August 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BA
bakamann
Wait, the Andrew Neil "special" was just a 30 minute filler with a big time presenter?
NE
Newsroom
I must question if now is the most appropriate time to be pushing their "We are Stoke" project. They've got 30 minutes to cover a massive story and they choose to dedicate 5 minutes on a segment with some inane vox-pops and an interview with a local radio reporter.

A vox pop from Beccy Wood on the NC to a man who called the PM Joris Bohnson went viral earlier from Stoke.

Probably not what the BBC were looking for...

Hence by earlier post and to quote “Who the hell is directing this morning’s output”.

It was chronic to watch live.
NE
Newsroom
When will the madness of presenters referencing ‘time’ when simulcasting on NC/BWN end. Christian Fraser is the latest to commit the crime. 😃
WO
Worzel
Oooooh. An outing of the unused TOTH alt music from 2008 on the News special.

Sounded like the generic World titles of today.

No it wasn't. It was this slightly different unused version...

NE
Newsroom
Christian STILL said ‘good evening’ at TOTH.

Face palm.
BK
bkman1990
RTÉ News has a lovely backdrop of Westminster on their video wall tonight at the start of the Nine O'Clock News.

Also no Ros Atkins tonight for OS. It's being presented by Nuala McGovern.
NL
Ne1L C
In other news the US democrats are to launch impeachment proceedings against Trump

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-49814927
NG
noggin Founding member

Hence by earlier post and to quote “Who the hell is directing this morning’s output”.

I think you mean who was 'producing' or 'editing' this morning's output. The director just gets what the producer or editor has put in their running order on-air.

I'd hope people posting here were aware of the difference between a producer and a director...
JO
Jon
In other news the US democrats are to launch impeachment proceedings against Trump

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-49814927

I think you want News Forum, this is TV Forum.
London Lite and Newsroom gave kudos
NL
Ne1L C
Yeah I know. It was me saying "there are other news stories out there" Very Happy
GE
thegeek Founding member
Surely SPOTY will be done with BBC Scotlands OB1 which wouldn’t be used for a GE anyway? Not sure what resources it would use that would effect a GE

I think in recent years SPOTY has used CTV OBs. I don't think the location (Aberdeen this year) is likely to affect the production team's choice of OB provider.
NE
Newsroom

I think you mean who was 'producing' or 'editing' this morning's output. The director just gets what the producer or editor has put in their running order on-air.

I'd hope people posting here were aware of the difference between a producer and a director...

As an ex producer myself.... fine, I acknowledge your point, but still, between the both - utterly shocking. Did yuu watch on iPlayer? It was breaking news Noggin, running order went to sh@t. It was on the fly but executed terribly, AND as mentioned by other members - this should have been a well planned and executed half hour, and not the shambles it was.

I have to say, hours on - you’ve got to feel some sympathy for Victoria Derbyshire if the powers above make such ridiculous decisions.

Newer posts