The Newsroom

CNN International & Domestic

(January 2006)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
GI
ginnyfan
Michael presented first part of morning Newsroom shows with Natalie Allen today. I forgot she used to do it with Cyril on Mondays, followed by Rosemary and George (which was strange in itself since Natalie and George are the only regular presenting team for years now and were separated on Mondays).

These European morning Newsroom bulletins are in dire need of a revamp, the presenting line up is all over the place with random days of double headed presentation mixed with mostly solo slots with Rosie and Vause. Give it some consistency, especially now with Michael there. I wish they would make Rosie and Michael permanent presenters with Natalie and George on Fridays as usual. Vause can do one hour solo or something.....
GI
ginnyfan

JO
Jock500
Am liking The Brief with Bianca Nobilo, yet she needs to limit the movement of her hands and arms.
Fast moving and the graphics are bold/striking.
BF
BFGArmy
Those Brief titles are all sorts of horrible. The music and colours were like I've stumbled into a nightclub. Bianca herself and the content of the show is pretty good though - a no-nonsense, pacy but comprehensive summary of the day's news (much more than most CNN bulletins). A proper News At 10.
BF
BFGArmy
Love the Your World Today opening - some lovely details in the titles, very punchy headlines, nice music and the 'voice of god'.

Cyril is good as ever thus far (he's been a superb acquisition by CNN) whereas Isa's presenting seems quite abrupt which is hopefully just first day nerves.

Have to say both new London shows making good use of the London studio which isn't exactly the largest/most versatile set.
JO
Jock500
Love the Your World Today opening - some lovely details in the titles, very punchy headlines, nice music and the 'voice of god'.

Cyril is good as ever thus far (he's been a superb acquisition by CNN) whereas Isa's presenting seems quite abrupt which is hopefully just first day nerves.

Have to say both new London shows making good use of the London studio which isn't exactly the largest/most versatile set.

Wish I could find the kudos button - wholeheartedly agree with you.
She seems a bit more settled now.
BF
BFGArmy

Might be wrong but if you're a new user it takes a few days/week or two until you get the kudos button. It's the opposite side to where the quote button is.
Thanks for the kind words anyway.

First impressions of the two new shows are positive - it's just a shame they're instead of rather than in addition to CNN Today.
NZ
nznewser
I've long considered CNN Today, and the Amara Walker and Michael Holmes duo, the best show and team on CNN, and disappointed it came to an end. Having said that, it's great to see more output from London. Am I right in understanding that CNN London is shifting studios soon? If so, then we can expect a set that's more fit for purpose for the Your World Today show. It was a good show, and has good potential.

With the cut back of the 4-8am GMT CNN Newsroom block to 3.5 hrs, it would make sense to have a co-anchor team for the whole block Mon-to-Fri for some consistency. Rosemary Church and John Vause would be a great duo.

As a NZ-based viewer, I have to say that with the intro of Early Start and Amanpour, and the extra hour of New Day, we now have a block from 7:30pm-midnight Mon-Fri with no live international news broadcast on CNN, right in our prime time. IMO there is room to add a business news show somewhere in that block (mid-morning in Europe). Business Live on BBC World is a good show, and CNN is missing in action with no equivalent show.
DV
dvboy
I assume we would probably be getting Wolf Blitzer on CNNi right now if it weren't for The Brief only being a day old.
BF
BFGArmy
Been a busy day for Bianca Nobilo. Tuned in earlier today to see her filling in for Max Foster (who is in South Africa following Prince Harry & Meghan's tour there) and doing rolling Brexit coverage and I tune in now and she's presenting The Brief.

Agreed that nice to see CNNI sticking with their own coverage rather than just immediately dumping their coverage for Wolf & co like they normally would with any breaking U.S story.
JO
Jock500

Might be wrong but if you're a new user it takes a few days/week or two until you get the kudos button. It's the opposite side to where the quote button is.
Thanks for the kind words anyway.

First impressions of the two new shows are positive - it's just a shame they're instead of rather than in addition to CNN Today.

Thanks, I’m enjoying the new look schedule. I’ll look out for the Kudos button in the weeks to come.
GI
ginnyfan
Busy news day with a full hour of The Brief and YWT following it, it all feels very energetic. Quest is in London as well and Bianca stayed for a guest spot on YWT too. It feels so good to see CNNI cover major Trump news ON ITS OWN, without the usual domestic talking heads dominating and taking all the air.

Here's the opening from tonight.

Last edited by ginnyfan on 25 September 2019 12:40am

Newer posts