The Yorkshire and Lincolnshire Thread

(August 2004)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
SP
Steve in Pudsey
Which programme?
PA
Parker
Absolute car crash of n interview as Peeta 'interviews' head of Hull City Council. 23/09/2019

Levy just wouldn't shut up so the leader of HCC was clearly getting seriously 'annoyed' he didnt get a chance to answer any questions properly & It was clearly a breach of practice guidlines. Unfortunately everyone is too frightened of challanging his Levyness.

They should know by now not let Levy interview anything.
SP
Spencer
Which programme?

Look North Leeds now has animated headline graphics.
JJ
Juicy Joe Founding member
Noticed that tonight's 10.25pm Look North Leeds Weather forecast contained both the regional forecast by Keeley Donovan - then she continued and did the national forecast? The programme did not rejoin the National forecast with Philip Avery at the end of the regional news. I flicked over to Midlands Today and they joined the national forecast as usual.

How long have Look North been doing their own UK forecast and extending their regional news programme to encompass this - and do any other regions do this?

(Not that I thought it was a bad thing, it was refreshing to see regional forecasters showing us their full complement of skills)
CR
Critique
Noticed that tonight's 10.25pm Look North Leeds Weather forecast contained both the regional forecast by Keeley Donovan - then she continued and did the national forecast? The programme did not rejoin the National forecast with Philip Avery at the end of the regional news. I flicked over to Midlands Today and they joined the national forecast as usual.

How long have Look North been doing their own UK forecast and extending their regional news programme to encompass this - and do any other regions do this?

(Not that I thought it was a bad thing, it was refreshing to see regional forecasters showing us their full complement of skills)

It's a pilot that some regions have been doing where they roll the late forecast into the regional one rather than have the two separate forecasts - I think Spotlight may also be taking part? I *think* it's been happening since the Reith implementation.
AN
Andrew Founding member

It’s been going on since March

Only Monday to Thursday though.

Talking about Keeley, the announcement played at 10pm said she was actually presenting the bulletin rather than doing the weather.

9 days later

RA
radiolistener
Like the new daytime presenter for 'Ull, Lizzie Rose. Very laidback and undramatic with her delivery, but also authoritative.
CU
Cusack
Like the new daytime presenter for 'Ull, Lizzie Rose. Very laidback and undramatic with her delivery, but also authoritative.

She has been doing the Breakfast bulletins for the last couple of days.

16 days later

WL
W1LL
Look Levy have started an initiative to present the programme from different locations frequently for no apparent news reason, using this rather garish portable set.

DeMarkay and South Today gave kudos
PA
Parker
This will end in tears when locals get to know where he is.
Id love him to present the programme from certain parts of East Hull, there wont be much of the set left Very Happy
BR
Brekkie
Love the cube.
ST
South Today
Great idea but why do it in winter?! Surely this is a summer activity!

Newer posts