The Newsroom

Sky News | General Discussion

(January 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JO
Johnnie
JK08 posted:
It seems they've done a bit of rejigging, not just a new desk.
One of the screens is now being used as Ian's backdrop, as opposed to the large backdrop at launch.

Vs.

Today's Ian King Live had the same set up has the tweet above (black desk/screen set up).

I wonder if they used a different studio on Thursday or tried out a different look but didn't like it?
Last edited by Johnnie on 13 September 2019 5:33pm
:-(
A former member
I have to be honest it was smart move, moving his programme back to lunchtime right now. If it had been kept at 6.30 it would have been axed so many times. I would prefer it was moved back to 4.30 at some point.
DV
dvboy
How long has Ashley Blake worked as a reporter for Sky News?
GR
griffinuk
dvboy posted:

That was exactly what I was thinking. He's been off the telly for a considerable period after being sacked by the BBC in not the greatest of light.

Mind you, I suppose 10 years is quite the absence, and everybody deserves a second chance.

I'm guessing he's freelancing, and fair play to him getting the gig.
SN
The SNT Three
Watching a repeat of The Pledge (poor me) and the ticker currently seems to be frozen, with the clock showing 07:36 as the time...
WO
Worzel
dvboy posted:

That was exactly what I was thinking. He's been off the telly for a considerable period after being sacked by the BBC in not the greatest of light.

Mind you, I suppose 10 years is quite the absence, and everybody deserves a second chance.

I'm guessing he's freelancing, and fair play to him getting the gig.

He did make a brief return to the BBC in 2016 according to this article:

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/showbiz-tv/ashley-blake-hits-out-critics-11936673
RH
rhetoric
We've got to leave the EU on October the 31st 2019, otherwise Sky News' 'Brexit Countdown' would look silly.
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
We've got to leave the EU on October the 31st 2019, otherwise Sky News' 'Brexit Countdown' would look silly.

They had one up to the end of March 2019 so if we don't leave and the saga is extended with a new date, that clock will be reset. I hardly think we're going to leave just because otherwise a TV graphic would look silly!
RH
rhetoric

They had one up to the end of March 2019 so if we don't leave and the saga is extended with a new date, that clock will be reset. I hardly think we're going to leave just because otherwise a TV graphic would look silly!

Still, it's awfully optimistic of Sky News to even have this Brexit Countdown.
CI
cityprod

It looks silly anyway.
RK
Rkolsen

Still, it's awfully optimistic of Sky News to even have this Brexit Countdown.

It looks silly anyway.

It’s clearly a take from their siblings in US news, first Fox and now NBC. We love counting down events/elections/interviews. However in the US it’s a lot larger than the Sky News one. Usually it’s a decently sized box above the logo with two or three line of text.
SI
sigma421
Fairly big breakfast shakeup. End of the Sunrise brand after 30 years?

Newer posts