TV Home Forum

Strictly Come Dancing | 2019

Rylan Joins the Presenting Line-Up (April 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BA
bilky asko
A small change to the live shows now for 2019 is that when Tess introduces each contestant before their dance, we do not see them appear before camera. In previous years, they would be standing on the balcony, smiling into camera before the small video package of their week's training would be shown.

Also, was it just me, or the usual weekly comic bit between Tess and Claudia has been axed? I am sure there was none during this live show, or did I miss it?

I'm guessing this is a Week One thing (the audience also tried to applaud after Tess Daly announced the.name of the couple once or twice)
NG
noggin Founding member
I thought it was called It Takes Two because it was a BBC Two companion show.

It's a play on words that works because the show is on BBC Two, but the title also works separately to the TV channel (as in 'It Takes Two to Tango') and so still works on BBC One.
TL
toby lerone 2016
Last night Ratings
Strictly Come Dancing - 7.7m (peak of 8.5m)
BGT: The Champions - 3.7m (no peak at this time)

Strictly ratings down 1.2 million from the 1st Live show last year but still comfortably the largest show last night, bad rating for BGT and I think the fact it is pre-recorded and the leaking of the winner hasn't helped it. It will be interesting to compare Celebrity and All Star X Factor to this later on in the year and to see if Strictly ratings improve which I suspect they will.
Last edited by toby lerone 2016 on 22 September 2019 2:38pm - 2 times in total
:-(
A former member
BGT feels like a non-event. I suspect X Factor will do better - although it would do even better if they’d sourced better “celebrities” than Love Island and reality show non-entities. Wish they’d realise that these people put off more viewers than they attract. YouTube vloggers aside, Strictly manages to get a much better mix.

That said - Ricki Lake is an intriguing addition.
HJ
HJL
Views on the line up should come after hearing them sing. With a real record deal on the line there should be some actual talent (could stand corrected though!)

Ricki Lake has a musical theatre background so not that surprised, personally!
JK
JKDerry
Strictly Come Dancing hit by some technical problems tonight. When the live show started, the screen went blank on a few occasions - I thought my Freesat box was not working, but no, it was a problem at Elstree Studios.

Tess managed an apology to viewers after AJ and Saffron did their dance.
JW
JamesWorldNews
Last night Ratings

Strictly ratings down 1.2 million from the 1st Live show last year but still comfortably the largest show last night, bad rating for BGT and I think the fact it is pre-recorded and the leaking of the winner hasn't helped it. It will be interesting to compare Celebrity and All Star X Factor to this later on in the year and to see if Strictly ratings improve which I suspect they will.

Never mind all that. You’ve got the best username on TVF! Please accept this gold medal 🥇.

You narrowly pip Austin Tatious to the post.
toby lerone 2016, Josh and Lou Scannon gave kudos
LS
Lou Scannon

Whatever happened to him, eh? Wink
JW
JamesWorldNews
Lou Scannon? Loose Cannon?

Sigh. How did I miss that???
TL
toby lerone 2016
Last night Ratings

Never mind all that. You’ve got the best username on TVF! Please accept this gold medal 🥇.

Haha thank you Lou Scannon, your username is up there as well.
JO
Josh
My name's Josh! That's definitely got a joke meaning.

Just joshing!
JamesWorldNews and Brekkie gave kudos
DI
digipal
Any news on the consolidated ratings? Even in the past three years, how we watch linear tv has changed so much. Strictly is probably the only show I'd consider watching live. As a total strictly fan, it is perhaps time for a new set and a tweak to the whole presentation style. I seem to remember maybe seven / eight years ago it took a real dip which is when they moved the backstage interview area upstairs, with a few more tweaks. Mind you, it's been going 16 odd years so still amazing it has the share it has

Newer posts