TV Home Forum

Noel on Strike

And other Noel-related gubbins, by the looks of it (January 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JA
jamesw83
I have a feeling this is the Nickelodeon studios soundstage, as those set pieces look a lot like those from Legends of the Hidden temple, a kids gameshow filming at the time. If so, that entire space is now a theatre for the Blue Man Group live show.

The Universal TV crew at the time was pretty good, but they were obsessed (naturally) with plugging the attractions using their professional B roll rather than anything else. (c.f. TV-AM at Disney World a few years earlier)
WH
Whataday Founding member
I have a feeling this is the Nickelodeon studios soundstage, as those set pieces look a lot like those from Legends of the Hidden temple, a kids gameshow filming at the time. If so, that entire space is now a theatre for the Blue Man Group live show.

Legends of the Hidden Temple was later shamelessly ripped off by CITV as Jungle Run.
DO
dosxuk

Legends of the Hidden Temple was later shamelessly ripped off by CITV as Jungle Run.

And that other program that should never be remembered...
JO
Jon
Thanks for reminding us.

I think we’re due a Jungle Run ITV 2 reboot.
WH
Whataday Founding member
Surely Fun House is at the top of the list?
JA
james-2001
I have a feeling this is the Nickelodeon studios soundstage, as those set pieces look a lot like those from Legends of the Hidden temple, a kids gameshow filming at the time. If so, that entire space is now a theatre for the Blue Man Group live show.)

It wasn't, it was another show attraction. I can't remember what the show was called now, but I'd been there in November 1996 and it was fresh in my mind when Noel broadcast his show from there. I remember being quite excited to see the show coming from somewhere I'd been myself not too long before.

You can see the windows in the pavillion and daylight coming in, which shows it wasn't coming from a soundstage.
SJ
sjames
I have a feeling this is the Nickelodeon studios soundstage, as those set pieces look a lot like those from Legends of the Hidden temple, a kids gameshow filming at the time. If so, that entire space is now a theatre for the Blue Man Group live show.)

It wasn't, it was another show attraction. I can't remember what the show was called now, but I'd been there in November 1996 and it was fresh in my mind when Noel broadcast his show from there. I remember being quite excited to see the show coming from somewhere I'd been myself not too long before.

You can see the windows in the pavillion and daylight coming in, which shows it wasn't coming from a soundstage.

I'm pretty certain it's the Animal Actors on Location stage that's being used here. Smile
JA
jamesw83
That would make sense given the seating being there, it was the Olmec heads that threw me.

12 days later

AJ
AJ
The next episode has been put online and they've started putting more set pieces in to make it look like more of a house.

Still terrible at this stage though.

:-(
A former member
Further changes will take place with 4 eps Wink

10 days later

:-(
A former member
The set has been improved.

19 days later

IS
Inspector Sands
Interestingly the 'Highgrove Media' YouTube account is saying that they will soon be uploading not-transmitted studio bits from NHP:

Interesting where he's got them from. The episodes he's uploaded so far have been off-air haven't they?

Newer posts