The Newsroom

Newsnight

(September 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
NE
Noelfirl
Great theme and titles - hopefully they'll keep the effort up on the tight editing of the clips, they've been excellent for the first two editions of the new look.
CU
Custard56
I like the new look.

I have to say, I think Newsnight has come on leaps and bounds since Esme Wren has taken over as editor. And I confess I have developed a soft spot for Nick Watt, the political editor. He's great to watch.
BBI45, msim and Richard gave kudos
LL
London Lite Founding member
Simply stunning.

KN
knack
The clip of Philip Lee defecting to the Lib Dems flicked to the below a few times.. peculiar.

MA
Markymark
knack posted:
The clip of Philip Lee defecting to the Lib Dems flicked to the below a few times.. peculiar.

Perhaps Max Headroom was in the building

8 days later

RI
Richard
rdd posted:
And closing credits too, though they missed the first few bars of the theme.

They seem to always be using the closing theme now, at least they have on the few I’ve looked at on iPlayer.

I do like the new closing theme, although I really liked the old one, despite it rarely ever being used.

From looking at the episodes from August still on iPlayer, all seem to end with the standard short close. When did they abandon the once regular practice of playing the credits out over a musical number of other artsy performance?
JA
JAS84
knack posted:

A Japanese shopping website? Weird. Confused
JO
Jon
Looks Chinese to me.
SI
sigma421
rdd posted:
And closing credits too, though they missed the first few bars of the theme.

They seem to always be using the closing theme now, at least they have on the few I’ve looked at on iPlayer.

I do like the new closing theme, although I really liked the old one, despite it rarely ever being used.

From looking at the episodes from August still on iPlayer, all seem to end with the standard short close. When did they abandon the once regular practice of playing the credits out over a musical number of other artsy performance?

When Ian Katz left I think, novelty closings were very much his thing.
WH
whoiam989
JAS84 posted:
knack posted:

Jon posted:
Looks Chinese to me.

I recognise the language. It's a Chinese website.
LS
Lou Scannon
JAS84 posted:
knack posted:

Jon posted:
Looks Chinese to me.

I recognise the language. It's a Chinese website.

That settles it, then. It's some sort of Huawei interference that's to blame... Wink Laughing
Ittr, JamesWorldNews and BBI45 gave kudos

13 days later

KK
KolonelKlink
Every time I catch the end of Newsnight, they seem to miss the first few seconds of the closing theme, resulting in an awkward silence as we pan away.

Surely they’d have learned to make sure the right fader is up by now?

Newer posts