The Newsroom

BBC News: Presenters, correspondent & rotas

Split from BBC News: Presenters & Rotas (July 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
RK
Rkolsen
NYTV posted:
Odd camera angle used during the Six. I've never realised the white box behind the desk before.

That "box" may be a printer for the computer in the desk or a compartment for tissues / beverages

If it’s like the one in C then it is cabinet with an opening for a printer and I think two compartments.
JW
JamesWorldNews
It’s the printer housing-cum-minibar. Every studio should have one.
DO
dosxuk

Errrr, phrasing? 😮
SC
scottishtv Founding member
I don't think it is an especially weird angle, was used for one of those over-the-shoulder overlays they seem to do more of at Six.

BB
BBI45

Errrr, phrasing? 😮

-Cum-

Preposition

Used to join two nouns, showing that a person or thing does two things or has two purposes; combined with:

This is my bedroom-cum-study.

(https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/cum)

Not to be confused with the definition you'd find on Urban Dictionary, although I'll admit that was also my first thought. Laughing
JW
JamesWorldNews
Strictly in preposition mode, people.
DV
DVB Cornwall
Carrie Gracie talking to Christiane Amanpour today.

AJ
AJB39
Carrie Gracie is also doing the evening shift on the BBC News Channel today.
NL
Ne1L C
Didn't part of The News at 9 this morning came from Salford or was it a recording from Breakfast?
MF
Matthew_Fieldhouse
Jane O'Brien has left Washington

https://twitter.com/trowynt/status/1172482450670444545?s=20
JW
JamesWorldNews
No Katty Kay. No Jane O’Brien. So who’s going to sit in the seat now for Beyond 100 Days and World News America?
RK
Rkolsen
No Katty Kay. No Jane O’Brien. So who’s going to sit in the seat now for Beyond 100 Days and World News America?

Laura Trevelyan? She and Jane have been the primary replacement for Katty Kay on WNA (I think she’s still the “anchor”). However she lives in New York (her husbands the chief of ABC News)

Newer posts