« Topics
JetixFann450750 posts since 25 Mar 2013
STV Central Reporting Scotland

Decided to create a sting which doesn't use the cheesy "Oneness" tagline but instead "Together as one."

The cutout 1 bears a slight resemblance to South Korea's KBS 1 (their equivalent to BBC One), as seen in their sign on/start-up in January 2019.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lo_AAe6LtI

I think it's mostly just a coincidence but this isn't a not-too-common thing. Network 7 in Australia has a similar cut out logo.

Do you even read these?
Josh and Capybara gave kudos
Brekkie34,868 posts since 4 Jan 2003 Recently warned
HTV Wales Wales Today
Since new BBC One rebrand discussions are currently going on with "#onelife", I thought I'd take a crack at implementing the slogan in the sting between programmes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeGNusL65i4

Wow, that’s really awesome!

It really isn't. The #onelife font just isn't nice and although the BBC1 logo isn't bad the change to the iPlayer logo just looks cheap. Nowhere near as nice as the BBC1/2/3 video posted on the last page.
Stay Local. Stay Safe. Stay Alive.
dbl gave kudos
Since new BBC One rebrand discussions are currently going on with "#onelife", I thought I'd take a crack at implementing the slogan in the sting between programmes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeGNusL65i4

Wow, that’s really awesome!

It really isn't. The #onelife font just isn't nice and although the BBC1 logo isn't bad the change to the iPlayer logo just looks cheap. Nowhere near as nice as the BBC1/2/3 video posted on the last page.

I did try to use a lighter Reith sans and the iPlayer switch could've probably been a lot better if I hadn't tried to obscure the logo. Maybe I could've just put an iPlayer graphic below the BBC logo.

Thanks for actually criticising rather than a simple "Wow, that's great" though.
Do you even read these?
Blewbatt9 posts since 7 Apr 2019
Granada North West Today
A good start, but if it were me, I'd actually change the colours on BBC One to yellow. Also, I think you need a background. The logo is there, but it needs something going on. I would suggest an atlas, dotted around the UK, as a new version of the globe.
A good start, but if it were me, I'd actually change the colours on BBC One to yellow. Also, I think you need a background. The logo is there, but it needs something going on. I would suggest an atlas, dotted around the UK, as a new version of the globe.

Interestingly, the cut-out logo was originally yellow before I changed it to the common red theme that BBC One is identified with. This is back on page 6 when people requested I changed the rounded logo.

As for the background, I do have to agree that nothing really stands out about it, it's just a shade of red. And as well, that atlas idea could be an interesting idea for regional stings, I was thinking that certain parts of the UK would form and then reveal the BBC One logo with the region name below it. Thanks for the suggestion, though, I'll see if yellow will suit my ideas well.
Do you even read these?