The Newsroom

Whatever happened to...................?

(August 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
CH
Charles

Terry Baddoo;

Per his LinkedIn profile, he took a "voluntary redunancy" offer at CNN, did a little bit of freelance on air work for CGTN during the 2012 Olympics, and has since stayed mostly off air. He's currently a writer at the Weather Channel in Atlanta.
RA
radiolistener
Wasn't Mark Longhurst also a presenter on BBC World at some point in the nineties?

Yes, he was indeed.

He's done cover work on LBC over the last couple of Christmases.
VM
VMPhil
Anyone remember So Rahman who used to present news bulletins for Granada until the early 2000s? He works for Al Jazeera now.

RN
Rolling News
Does Darren Jordon still work for Al Jazeera ? I used to like his style on BBC News in the early 2000s.
IN
Independent
Does Darren Jordon still work for Al Jazeera ? I used to like his style on BBC News in the early 2000s.

Yes. He was presenting on AJE an hour or so before my reply.
WO
Worzel

Yes, very much miss him on BBC News. Still don't know why he made the switch to ALE, always seemed a strange decision to me (unless they offered him more £ of course!).
WO
Worzel
Anyone know what's become of the names below?

Tim Curtis (Anglia News)
Caroline Auldrey (Anglia News)
Vivienne Creegor (Sky News)
Sasha Herriman (ITV News)
Rachel Dane (BBC Look East)
Carol Bundock (BBC Look East)
SP
Spencer

Yes, very much miss him on BBC News. Still don't know why he made the switch to ALE, always seemed a strange decision to me (unless they offered him more £ of course!).

You’ve probably solved your own mystery there. Wink
RN
Rolling News

Wasn't he overlooked for the One when Anna Ford left? And as you say he could have been offered more money.
SN
The SNT Three

Sasha Herriman went to CNN for a while, but now seems to work as a singer, theatre director and teacher.

On the topic of Look East/Anglia presenters, Stephen Lee left Anglia News in 2008 and moved to Australia where he has worked as a producer for Ten and SBS (link).
MI
m_in_m
Anyone know what's become of the names below?

Tim Curtis (Anglia News)
Caroline Auldrey (Anglia News)
Vivienne Creegor (Sky News)
Rachel Dane (BBC Look East)
Carol Bundock (BBC Look East)

Carol is a Civil Funeral Celebrant.
NG
noggin Founding member

Sasha Herriman went to CNN for a while, but now seems to work as a singer, theatre director and teacher.

On the topic of Look East/Anglia presenters, Stephen Lee left Anglia News in 2008 and moved to Australia where he has worked as a producer for Ten and SBS (link).

And is a Wedding Celebrant (as his wikipedia entry says I see!)

Newer posts