« Topics
Brekkie31,805 posts since 4 Jan 2003 Banned for 1 week
HTV Wales Wales Today
Did all regions get a BGT package tonight?

Central introduced it with reference to Connie Talbot but then the package was all about Paul Potts, mainly using clips from a GMB interview.
I preferred the internet when it had a sense of humour.
Lou Scannon1,167 posts since 1 Jan 2016
HTV West Points West
The "agreggated" items on ITV regional news really do beggar belief, especially the ones that are just a shameless plug for an ITV entertainment or drama show etc.

As Paul Potts is from near Bristol (Kingswood), the only region/sub-region where the package was *just about* acceptable was West Country (East).

Presenters in other areas shoe-horning in some tenuous "relevance" by name-dropping a former BGT contestant from their patch (who then doesn't actually feature in the package!) really is diabolical.

Maybe if they'd at least produced several edits of the package, each leaning towards mentioning a different former contestant who hailed from each region/sub-region (even if only relying on clips from their original BGT appearance + explanatory voiceover, if no new/recent interview etc was available), it would've seemed sort-of okay everywhere.

Even worse is when these Aggregated items don't even remotely attempt to tenuously connect themselves to any/all regions at all, but are literally totally generic.

I bet they love it when there's someone who they can connect to more than one region (e.g. was born in Birmingham, lived in Cardiff for much of their life, and auditioned for BGT in Manchester (or whatever)), so that each of those ITV regions can spin that person as being "theirs".
I'm still a European.
what gave kudos
Andrew13,664 posts since 27 Mar 2001
Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
Did all regions get a BGT package tonight?

Central introduced it with reference to Connie Talbot but then the package was all about Paul Potts, mainly using clips from a GMB interview.

It didn’t feature on Calendar. We did get an item about car breakdowns the other night though which was obviously shared content, you can usually tell by the reporter.
JamesWorldNews8,002 posts since 22 Aug 2004
STV Central BBC World News
Has anyone else spotted the Easter egg on News at ten?

Listen, I know he’s not quite Alastair Burnet or Alastair Stewart, and maybe he has gained a little bit of weight, and he may not be everyone’s cup of tea, but you can’t just go around calling Tom Bradby an Easter Egg!

Cadbury’s and Rowntree MacKintosh will be up in arms!

Bong!
@JamesWorldNews | Formerly BBC WORLD
rob7,592 posts since 7 Apr 2001
Meridian (South) South Today

The TV Booth Podcast / Presblog / NewsPres
Rkolsen2,803 posts since 20 Jan 2014
BBC World News

I take it it’s only visible at certain angles?
Don’t let anyone treat you like you’re a VO/SOT when you’re a PKG.