Just watched on +1. Many observations to make, so stick with me:
- The theme song was atrocious. Really, really terrible. Doesn’t suit at all.
- The pace, set, logo design, and theme tune make the reboot very far detached from the quaint charm of the original. I understand they’re aimed at a different demographic, so it’s forgivable enough.
- Security guard adds nothing to the show and ended up being quite cringeworthy, likewise the checkout staff.
- Moira from Love Island’s cameo was so short, it made me honestly question what the point was.
- I’m very impressed they managed to squeeze basically an entire Tesco store, including non-food items into that space.
- Rylan really suits the format, which is quite unusual for a reboot. Usually the hosts for reboots feel almost shoehorned in.
All in all, it was funny and enjoyable, and I look forward to the next episode.
Last edited by what on 9 September 2019 11:10pm