« Topics
what193 posts since 11 Mar 2018
HTV West Points West
Just watched on +1. Many observations to make, so stick with me:

- The theme song was atrocious. Really, really terrible. Doesn’t suit at all.

- The pace, set, logo design, and theme tune make the reboot very far detached from the quaint charm of the original. I understand they’re aimed at a different demographic, so it’s forgivable enough.

- Security guard adds nothing to the show and ended up being quite cringeworthy, likewise the checkout staff.

- Moira from Love Island’s cameo was so short, it made me honestly question what the point was.

- I’m very impressed they managed to squeeze basically an entire Tesco store, including non-food items into that space.

- Rylan really suits the format, which is quite unusual for a reboot. Usually the hosts for reboots feel almost shoehorned in.

All in all, it was funny and enjoyable, and I look forward to the next episode.
Last edited by what on 9 September 2019 11:10pm
London Lite10,568 posts since 4 Jan 2003
London London
Mostly enjoyable, but like Coach Trip when it moved to E4, it's turned into a yoof fest. The Love Island question and guest went completely over my head.

However the format has potential, preferably as an ITV daytime show. Will be watching again tomorrow.
MrDexB and DeMarkay gave kudos
PFMC841,552 posts since 28 Feb 2013
UTV Newsline
The show was given an almost universal mauling over on DS.

The main Twitter comments I read last night ranged from simply "I love Rylan" to "God, these contestants are thick", but not a lot about the actual show itself, format, etc.

I see they are showing it at 8pm every night this week, and all week again for the next 3 weeks.
London Lite and DeMarkay gave kudos
j4ever246 posts since 6 Jul 2019 new member
Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
Just watched on +1. Many observations to make, so stick with me:

- The theme song was atrocious. Really, really terrible. Doesn’t suit at all.

- The pace, set, logo design, and theme tune make the reboot very far detached from the quaint charm of the original. I understand they’re aimed at a different demographic, so it’s forgivable enough.

- Security guard adds nothing to the show and ended up being quite cringeworthy, likewise the checkout staff.

- Moira from Love Island’s cameo was so short, it made me honestly question what the point was.

- I’m very impressed they managed to squeeze basically an entire Tesco store, including non-food items into that space.

- Rylan really suits the format, which is quite unusual for a reboot. Usually the hosts for reboots feel almost shoehorned in.

All in all, it was funny and enjoyable, and I look forward to the next episode.

only reason Moira was there is because they must have filmed the love island episode on the same day as this episode so wanted to get there's money's worth out of her they might use other love island contestants from that episode in future episodes