TV Home Forum

Supermarket Sweep (pretty much) confirmed to return

(July 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
:-(
A former member
Tesco has had the first ad for every break?
DJ Dave, Josh and DeMarkay gave kudos
JO
Josh
Hm, they've seemed to have played that Tesco advert every ad break in the show. Pure coincidence or planned?

Edit: Glad I'm not the only one who's thought the same! Razz
DJ Dave and DeMarkay gave kudos
AG
AxG
Was there any mention to Dale?
PE
peterrocket Founding member
Josh posted:
Hm, they've seemed to have played that Tesco advert every ad break in the show. Pure coincidence or planned?

Edit: Glad I'm not the only one who's thought the same! Razz

Given they seem to have all their own-brand products in the supermarket, it's probably part of the deal. Though they're clearly getting their money's worth from the GoPro's pointed at the products being searched all being own brand with labels fully in view!
JO
Josh
Also worth noting that the Tesco-branded break bumpers seem to be part of the programme and not separate like other programmes.
WH
Whataday Founding member
Josh posted:
Also worth noting that the Tesco-branded break bumpers seem to be part of the programme and not separate like other programmes.

I was about to say this. Which means they're included on the "ad-free" version of the ITV Hub.
:-(
A former member
Tesco got the first ad break again in this hour!
WH
Whataday Founding member
Couldn't spot any remnants of the original theme tune despite it being claimed to be an updated version.
JB
JasonB
Any new features which adds to its new running time or just more adverts clogging up the space?
JO
Jon
i haven’t listened to it back to confirm but I did think I could here a bit of the 2007 theme at one point.

I thought they didn’t a pretty good job of updating the show and extending it out to an hour. It didn’t seem to drag at all, well apart from Rylan seeming to take forever explaining the rules of the final round.
SE
Square Eyes Founding member
Any new features which adds to its new running time or just more adverts clogging up the space?

Additional games mostly and extra banter. Mini-sweep, sweep with a basket, main sweep with the trolley, a new game at the checkout, and guess the celebrity shopping.

A pretty good effort I thought. The thing I question the most is a non-voice over person doing the commentary during the sweeps.
AN
Andrew Founding member
Although it was obviously padded out to fit an hour, I also wonder how they managed to fit in, the mini sweep, all the games, the main sweep and the super sweep in about 24 minutes back in the 90s.

I’m not sure about it being stripped nightly on ITV2, or even on ITV2 at all. I’m guessing it was in the pipe line before the Kyle business blew up, but I think they could try it at 9:25. In fact I think they could probably get away with showing this version at 9:25.

Newer posts