« Topics
Curto2182 posts since 4 Jul 2017
STV North Reporting Scotland
There was a breakdown during the football game between Connah's Quay and Cove Rangers.

The pictures from the match were lost just after the 24th minute from the match. The pictures were resumed 8 seconds later but were lost again just 3 seconds after they came back.

An S4C Breakdown caption was shown with an announcer apologizing for the problems.

Pictures came back before the 25th minute mark.

That's TV and Local Television Ltd are the Carlton and Granada of local tv
623058 and Closedown gave kudos
dosxuk4,203 posts since 22 Oct 2005
Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
Why is there any need to make another topic post when we already have numerous topics that are more interesting than this, Curto?

Threads like this are literally the entire point of this forum
thegeek4,964 posts since 1 Jan 2002
London London
I'm as much a fan of the minutae of pres as the next TV Forum user, but perhaps I'm just getting a little jaded if I'm not finding a brief appearance of an S4C breakdown slide worthy of a thread to itself.

It'll have been a small OB at a small ground, so likely delivered over a single satellite path. My money would be that their carrier got spiked - ie another uplink erroneously brought up a a transmission on the same frequency, which would have interfered with the signal enough to cause the receiver on the downlink end to lose lock. Usually when it happens, the source of the rogue carrier realises their mistake and goes away to retune their equipment before trying again.
Inspector Sands, Blake Connolly and 6 others
  • Brekkie
  • Curto21
  • UKnews
  • TVLand
  • London Lite
  • BBI45
gave kudos
Rkolsen2,803 posts since 20 Jan 2014
BBC World News
I'm as much a fan of the minutae of pres as the next TV Forum user, but perhaps I'm just getting a little jaded if I'm not finding a brief appearance of an S4C breakdown slide worthy of a thread to itself.

It'll have been a small OB at a small ground, so likely delivered over a single satellite path. My money would be that their carrier got spiked - ie another uplink erroneously brought up a a transmission on the same frequency, which would have interfered with the signal enough to cause the receiver on the downlink end to lose lock. Usually when it happens, the source of the rogue carrier realises their mistake and goes away to retune their equipment before trying again.

If it’s a small OB I’m surprised it doesn’t have a redundant CNG path. That’s something ESPNs been doing at some of their lower tier games, they can use cellular or bond it with on site Ethernet.
Don’t let anyone treat you like you’re a VO/SOT when you’re a PKG.