Bits and Pieces (April 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
:-(
A former member
Is there any plans for a replacement?
RO
rob Founding member

No, all Good Food programmes will be moving to Food Network.
AN
Anglialad
The future of Really remains unclear
:-(
A former member
rob posted:

So does that mean the Sky and cable slot is been given up? Or will discovery put in a new replacement ?

It was the best performing channel of the lot, why change it?
LL
Larry the Loafer
I suppose it's better than massive budget cuts and forcing a rebranding to "S**t Food".
Sh1ruba and DeMarkay gave kudos
AN
Anglialad
rob posted:

So does that mean the Sky and cable slot is been given up? Or will discovery put in a new replacement ?

It was the best performing channel of the lot, why change it?

Good presentation and great programmes.
HC
Hatton Cross
rob posted:

Not a surprise. It fell from 122 down to 198 on the Sky EPG (and Food Network is higher) a couple of months ago, and has been dragging out all sorts of original commissions for one last airing. - Gary Rhodes Local Food Hero's, for example. A competition for local grocers, shop keepers and cafe and restauranters from 2007.

The first real sign the game was up for Good Food was on Tuesday, when a old faithful of the channel - Rick Steins Taste Of The Sea, seen umpteen times was aired for the first time on the Food Network.
RE
Rex
The writing was really on the wall for some time. You really can't run two channels with the same level of content and spread that thinly between a channel that is widely available versus a channel with quite limited reach.

So Discovery closing Good Food isn't really a surprise.

Home rebranding isn't a surprise, Really shouldn't have any changes but I'd imagine they would prefer to avoid overspill with Quest Red, on the other hand both channels rate pretty well.
TL
Tyler LastName

Well they've just commissioned a new series of how to look good naked so I don't think really will be going anytime soon.
KE
kernow

Well they've just commissioned a new series of how to look good naked so I don't think really will be going anytime soon.

Just because they've commissioned a new show, that doesn't necessarily mean it will be shown on Really. It could end up being shown on another channel.

There could be shows already commissioned for Good Food which will end up being shown on Food Network.
TT
TellyTime

Just because they've commissioned a new show, that doesn't necessarily mean it will be shown on Really. It could end up being shown on another channel.

There could be shows already commissioned for Good Food which will end up being shown on Food Network.

It was only recently commissioned and is specifically for Really, at the same time as other new content was commissioned for Quest Red, so it's pretty obvious that it'll be sticking around.

Really is a strong brand for 'real life' TV in the UK so they would be daft to mess with it.
NI
nigel
Very bad move. Good food prided itself on UK programming and was a class act working to a select market.

The last thing we need is more crass and cheap American programming where the food is secondary to the format.
j4ever24 and DeMarkay gave kudos

Newer posts