Media Websites

YouTube Gold

ClassicTV gold on youtube (February 2007)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
AN
Andrew Founding member
I don't know if you'd call this gold, but a national lottery from 2002 was just uploaded - complete with off-air build up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szIvhLGb6NM

Gigi's role really was rather redundant wasn't it. I do miss finding out I've not won the lottery on TV thought rather than seeing I've not got an email the following morning.

Camelot needed to win the lottery to pay for the staffing costs

Dale, Gigi, Alan, the drawmaster...
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
Ever wondered what a news bulletin could look like if there was no news?

Courtesy of Comic Relief 1988, same thing from a real world perspective with real newscasters:
Quatorzine Neko and NYTV gave kudos
IS
Inspector Sands
A more recent take on that joke
NJ

There was a longer version of that on Adam Buxton's channel which has been blocked and also included an ITV "insert" on the same joke.
JO
Joe
More recently, Huw Edwards did a four minute version live on the BBC News channel just a few months ago.
MA
madmusician
Joe posted:
More recently, Huw Edwards did a four minute version live on the BBC News channel just a few months ago.

You say 'just a few months ago' - somewhat terrifyingly, that was over two years ago now!!
NJ
20/6/2017.

What some people must have thought had happened when they saw no end of Breaking News stings Smile
VM
VMPhil
To be fair, that only went out on BBC News. Most people would have been watching BBC One which cut away pretty quickly IIRC.
RU
russty_russ
Ironically for Huw, this was 7 years to the date of the massive power problems that hit the BBC in London which saw the 6 O' Clock News go off air.
MA
madmusician
Ironically for Huw, this was 7 years to the date of the massive power problems that hit the BBC in London which saw the 6 O' Clock News go off air.

17 years, in fact (possibly a typo?)
RU
russty_russ

17 years, in fact (possibly a typo?)

Maybe Laughing
RD
RDJ
Noel Edmonds’ return to the BBC on the National Lottery Everyone's a Winner in 2006.

Last edited by RDJ on 8 September 2019 5:51pm

Newer posts