The Newsroom

The Andrew Neil Show

Starts next Wednesday at 7pm on BBC Two (August 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
AJ
AJB39
I have no issue with the time slot. The BBC were never going to air it any later in prime time and Andrew Neil didn’t want to do late nights anymore. I do think it should be on Thursday night rather then Wednesday night. Thursday is generally the last day of the political week and you can do a proper review of the week on that day.
:-(
A former member
You sound like John birt. Only popular high rating stuff should go out at peak times.

Where have you been? I haven’t seen you for ages!

Around Wink
JF
JF World News
It should be 8PM as 7PM clashes with Beyond 100 Days the main evening political programme
JW
JamesWorldNews
You sound like John birt. Only popular high rating stuff should go out at peak times.

Where have you been? I haven’t seen you for ages!

Around Wink

Welcome back!
WL
W1LL
The set has a nice backdrop but that desk is ugly.
:-(
A former member
The member requested removal of this post
msim, griffinuk and watchingtv gave kudos
SP
Steve in Pudsey
Is it not likely that events have overtaken the show they had planned? They could well have had to scrap other planned features due to events.
CL
clh
Is it not likely that events have overtaken the show they had planned? They could well have had to scrap other planned features due to events.

I expect this to be the case. Can imagine most MPs and lords also want to be in the palace tonight rather than Millbank so they can go and vote in divisions. (Yes Millbank is close, but you're possibly pushing it)
SP
Steve in Pudsey
Millbank has division bells for the purpose, it should be doable?
NG
noggin Founding member
It should be 8PM as 7PM clashes with Beyond 100 Days the main evening political programme

Eh? Beyond 100 Days is on the BBC News Channel - not a mainstream channel like BBC Two. The UK audiences for Beyond 100 Days are likely to be tiny (and it skews US-wards), and I don't think BBC Two's schedulers will be paying much attention to the News Channel schedule? (I doubt BBC News will to be honest)
CH
chris

Eh? Beyond 100 Days is on the BBC News Channel - not a mainstream channel like BBC Two. The UK audiences for Beyond 100 Days are likely to be tiny (and it skews US-wards), and I don't think BBC Two's schedulers will be paying much attention to the News Channel schedule? (I doubt BBC News will to be honest)

Your point being the BBC don’t give a toss what they air on their news channel and BBC Four?

Of course it has little impact of what is on BBC Two but a remarkable statement nevertheless.
TR
trivialmatters
A bit lackluster, I felt. The studio could do with one or two props to fill it out. Perhaps a giant AN logo cut out of perspex or something.

Newer posts