TV Home Forum

Challenge - June 2016 onwards

#ChallengeAccepted (June 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
CC
ccskycomedy
I wonder that one of the reasons Sky does not invest much in Challenge anymore is because pre-watershed entertainment commissions do not fit the in house Sky pay channels image. There has been a dearth of these commissions on Sky One lately. Ten years ago they had Gladiators, Don't Forget The Lyrics, Are You Smarter Than A 10 Year Old and Got to Dance.
CC
ccskycomedy
The Weakest Link returns to the channel from mid-September. Maybe it is part of the deal Sky signed with BBC Studios that would see UKTV taking over Challenge.
Last edited by ccskycomedy on 3 September 2019 4:54pm
LL
Larry the Loafer
Maybe it is part of the deal Sky signed with BBC Studios that would see UKTV taking over Challenge.

I'm getting whiffs of Akinbola...
JA
james-2001
Yep, Sky signing a deal with UKTV is pure Akinbola fantasy.

Going to give us any of your obscene gameshow suggestions while you're here.
JJ
Juicy Joe Founding member
The Weakest Link returns to the channel from mid-September.

When exactly does it start? Daily/weekly/prime time? This will be a much needed addition to the schedule.
JA
james-2001
Seeing as the post's from Akinbola, don't expect it to actually be returning to the channel at all.
JJ
Juicy Joe Founding member
Seeing as the post's from Akinbola, don't expect it to actually be returning to the channel at all.

OK. More of The Chase then, cool...
RO
rob Founding member

The Weakest Link IS coming back to Challenge, I saw a promo for it earlier today.
JO
Jon
What era though? If they gave it any thought it would be the later episodes as they were actually more fun once Anne had lightened up, where the early ones are a bit boring looking back.
JA
james-2001
rob posted:

The Weakest Link IS coming back to Challenge, I saw a promo for it earlier today.

Ahh, right, I'd just assumed it was part of Akinbola's fevered imagination along with Sky selling Challenge to UKTV. Which most definitely isn't happening.
RO
rob Founding member
Jon posted:
What era though? If they gave it any thought it would be the later episodes as they were actually more fun once Anne had lightened up, where the early ones are a bit boring looking back.

Judging by the promo, I'm guessing later episodes.
JK
JKDerry
The Weakest Link will start on Challenge TV on Monday 16th September at 6.00pm

Newer posts