The Gallery

Sit-Up Trio Simulator

A 'bid tv' simulation game (September 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JB
JasonB
Thanks Neil. I'm not that familiar with registry settings. I tried looking for previous versions but nothing there. Perhaps Daniel might be able to help retrieve this? Some think details like this might not matter but as a regular user they do to me.
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
You only usually find previous copies of the registry in things like System Restore which in Windows 10 is off by default as a clean installation, unless you upgraded to it from Windows 7 or Windows 8 (or 8.1) where it was on by default and this remains the case after the upgrade. The other option would have been if you regularly backed it up which most people don't (indeed, the first thing most people know about there even being a registry in the first place is when the computer stops loading).
JB
JasonB
When i get some time later on this week i'll have a look a bit further. Something i did notice before all my stats got erased was that i used one studio set for three times and it seems to think it was the most used yet i used one of the bid tv sets on a regular basis.
RD
RDJ
I've noticed the Mac version seems to be popping up a message on the most recent MacOS that the application is a 32-bit application and will not work with the next MacOS version.

Whatever will I do!!

47 days later

NJ
JasonB was you able to do anything with your stats just out of interest?
JB
JasonB
JasonB was you able to do anything with your stats just out of interest?

I left it in the end as I’m not comfortable with registry editing.

167 days later

NJ
Just salvaging this (again) to stop it getting auto-locked in case DanielC comes back. TL;DR - bump Wink
RD
RDJ
Is there much point in keeping on doing that?

The thing itself is 3 years old and he hasn’t posted in over a year. If he was going to upload a new version he would’ve done so by now.

We’ve had our fun. Let it go.
NJ
DanielC already posted a couple of times last time he was here that progress is moving very very slowly on it (this strange thing called "a job" interferes massively apparently). This was the last time I intended to bump this thread anyway, because a few months from now is January 2020 which will be three years since the last release and it was a topical bump in any event because somebody mentioned a music track from it in Requests.

But yes he hasn't posted since July 2018 so I suppose its safe to say the project has been archived. Hopefully it'll come back.
JB
JasonB
Weird as I messaged DanielC regarding some Unity help, I saw this thread bumped. He mentioned at the end of his reply to me that he hasn’t canned this project. He tried including full 3D studios but they bumped up the file size of the simulator very much.

He hasn’t forgotten about this!
RH
richard h
Weird as I messaged DanielC regarding some Unity help, I saw this thread bumped. He mentioned at the end of his reply to me that he hasn’t canned this project. He tried including full 3D studios but they bumped up the file size of the simulator very much.

He hasn’t forgotten about this!

Good to see this project has not been scrapped. I don't think most people would care if the file size was considerably larger if we get 3d studios

153 days later

ME
Meerkat821
I used to love the sit-up channels when they were on TV. Sadly they have been gone for 6 years now. Used to get all sorts on there! This is the best tribute to it I have ever seen.
richard110888 and richard h gave kudos

Newer posts