TV Home Forum

International Presentation

(September 2010)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DM
DeMarkay
_Tom_ posted:
The Sky name was brought to Mexico by Sky UK though, although Sky UK fizzled out of the operation the link to the brand still remains - Sky NZ has always been completely independent, what benefit would the UK branding have to them?

It was just a question. Thanks.
SH
Sh1ruba
Sky NZ has launched their new logo and with that, their Sky Sport family of channels has a new addition, Sky Sport News, which launched today!

Their website hasn't been updated fully but they have the new logo
SH
Sh1ruba
And also French kids' channel, Canal J has an updated look and rounder logo courtesy of design agency Motionfanclub!
http://www.motionfanclub.fr/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/BOUCLE_CANALJ.mp4

They, along their sister channels Gulli, Tiji and MCM were sold from Lagardere to Groupe M6 in May and is now effective as of today, making the former Lagardere channels a part of the M6 family of channels.
NY
NYTV
_Tom_ posted:
The Sky name was brought to Mexico by Sky UK though, although Sky UK fizzled out of the operation the link to the brand still remains - Sky NZ has always been completely independent, what benefit would the UK branding have to them?

Its an internationally known brand given the Sky channels across Europe and Sky News Arabia. Yes, Sky NZ is independent but they're still using the Sky name under license.
RD
rdd Founding member
Afaik there is no brand license in this case - if there was a such license, the right to use the logo would generally come with it. The company was established entirely independently of Sky UK at a time when Sky UK was a tiny one channel operation which probably had more viewers outside the UK than in it. Its brand wouldn’t have been worth a pile back then.

Murdoch did get involved with Sky NZ, much later, when Independent Newspapers NZ, which News Limited had a minority stake in, bought control of Sky. But they disposed of that a good few years ago. Sky NZ licenses some Sky UK tech IP as a result of that connection, but not the name Sky, which it had long before Murdoch got involved.
LI
Lieuwe
The new identity of the Belgian channel 'één' has now been on air for about 2 hours. Here some idents and promos!

The theme music is nice and relaxed, I must say! Smile
SH
Sh1ruba
The new identity of the Belgian channel 'één' has now been on air for about 2 hours. Here some idents and promos!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xR6VPa31nCM

The theme music is nice and relaxed, I must say! Smile

I like the new look, it's simple, modern, fresh and slick.

Though I'll miss the old cursive look and the chirpy little jingle that went with it.

Also this was designed by British agency Hello Charlie, who's also done numerous graphics for awards shows like the MTV VMAs, EMAs (the European version) and the BRITs and also does live music performance graphics for numerous well known artists.
SH
Sh1ruba
And here's more from één with a programme menu
LI
Lieuwe
And here's more from één with a programme menu
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqP89t1u_EY

The transitions in the menu are really nice done!
SH
Sh1ruba

Another small clip from the new-look één, with a handover to the late news.
SH
Sh1ruba
Special treat for those who like the new look één, a whole 8-minute montage of it!

I can see Canvas getting a new look possibly by the end of this year or early 2020, if VRT decides to give the channel a refresh.

I do like those programme-themed idents too with the footage revealing the new één logo over it, just like the transition in the programme menu, which also looks very slick imo.
LI
Lieuwe
This één ident is quite funny! They are really creative it! Smile

I can see Canvas getting a new look possibly by the end of this year or early 2020, if VRT decides to give the channel a refresh.

That would be nice indeed! Those design are already on air since 2015. Smile

Newer posts