TV Home Forum

ITV Programming Thread

2017 (January 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BR
Brekkie
Amazed really 5 Gold Rings has made it to three series - it's not that great a format at all.

STV could only really drop this or Love Your Garden on Tuesday to air a pre-watershed primetime hour long show.
SE
Square Eyes Founding member
Scofield's other show, The Cube was a much better format.
JO
Jonwo
Amazed really 5 Gold Rings has made it to three series - it's not that great a format at all.

STV could only really drop this or Love Your Garden on Tuesday to air a pre-watershed primetime hour long show.

ITV probably keep it around to appease Phil or they’d have to find a new format for him
SP
Steve in Pudsey
Asa posted:
Seems ITV are planning to show photos of people playing at home during the programme tomorrow, which is impressive considering the series has already been recorded.

It's being played out through a gallery that's just adding the live graphics - so it'll be a bit odd if Schofe makes reference to it, and STV show it at a different time...

One of three things could happen

Schofield refers to the viewers playing at home and...
1) STV add their own names and pictures, unlikely
2) there is just a blank space with no name and pictures
3) the same names and pictures as when ITV showed it are shown, which might be a bit misleading

4) they edit out that whole sequence
5) STV never actually show it

6) There's already a non-interactive version been made for repeat/overseas/Challenge use and STV will use that.
PE
peterh
Unlikely, as I’m guessing it might be quite a cheap show if it’s STV only, plus all the contestants being Scottish would look a bit odd on network.

They’ve been showing another Scottish quiz show with Susan Calman on a Tuesday replacing Yorkshire Airport.

The lie shown on a Tuesday also had Irish versions on tv 3 and a welsh version on s4c as well
FA
fanoftv

I’d totally disagree with that, I find it a wonderful game show that is fun to play along with at home, whether just as a family pointing at the screen or via the interactive app, it’s one of the only programmes that I watch as it’s airs because of the play along element, and therefore one of the only shows where I observe the adverts, which must be a good thing for a commercial network in this climate.

Whilst the cube is a brilliant format, it was becoming a little repetitive and ITV were right to rest it IMO, hopefully it’ll come back around.

Obviously we all have our different opinions; I personally thought it was great to have a few hours of prime time main stream devoted to gameshows.
KE
kernow
Not sure if this has been mentioned on here already, but I was wondering what had happened to the ITV magazine, as I haven't seen any further issues since the first one.

Turns out it was axed after one issue:

https://mediatel.co.uk/newsline/2019/04/09/itv-magazine-ditched-after-one-issue/
Custard56 and Spencer gave kudos
RK
Rkolsen
I’m curious with the Downton Abbey movie being released on TV - will it get released first on TV on ITV or one of NBCU’s Sky Movie channels? As it is produced by NBCU entities Carnival and Focus Features. Or is this a sort of thing where ITV would have first dibs?

Also NBC is airing a one hour promotional show the day before the movies released? Anything like that in the U.K. planned?
BR
Brekkie
ITVs daytime magazine show This Morning is being broadcast live from "Downton Abbey" one day next week.

I suspect it'll air on ITV on Christmas Day probably next year.
MA
Markymark
ITVs daytime magazine show This Morning is being broadcast live from "Downton Abbey" one day next week.

It's actually called Highclere Castle, just off the A34 6 miles south of Newbury Cool
JA
JAS84
Asan N'Jie has been fired and has stopped filming Emmerdale with immediate effect.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-49659984
MR
mr_vivian
JAS84 posted:
Asan N'Jie has been fired and has stopped filming Emmerdale with immediate effect.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-49659984

Total disgrace how he behaved. Especially when he was involved in a storylune regarding stabbing. The irony.

Newer posts